What's new

Set a new record........

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
...........that I wouldn't wish on any of you.


Box #s 17 & 18 were two more skunks...........making that eight straight without finding any keepers. >:( >:( >:(


Thank goodness I've been very lucky this month with coin counter bags and loose halves from banks.


This sad story does have a (somewhat) happy ending though.



Box # 17 had an unusually well preserved 73d, that I thought might be in better condition than the one I currently had in my Whitman coin folder. That folder, for years '64 - '85, had been filled by me years ago, so I wasn't certain this new coin would replace the current one, but it was worth a shot.

Sure enough, the new 73d was far and away in better condition, so I swapped the two coins. The old 73d, though, must have hit the light just right when I was removing it , for I thought I saw some mirrored finish on the obverse.

Upon closer inspection, this time with a magnifying glass, the coin I had in the 73d slot for probably the least twenty five years or so, was actually a found in the wild / impaired 73s proof !

So I ask you, fellow CRHers, does this fall in the category of CRHing a keeper (the 73 proof) in 2008, even though I have unwittingly had it in my possession for close to thirty years ?

Strange, but true.
 
Upvote 0
Depends. If you found it CRHing, then it is a CRH find.
 
You have a ways to go to set a record. I think Bomber has the record at 22+ boxes without a keeper. I think your streak will end soon though. I assume all the Christmas money will be hitting the rolls and boxes soon.

As far as the 73-D/S I probably wouldn't count it. I just did something similar with a 46-D half sitting in a 46 hole.

65GT350
 
Yikes, I had 20 skunk boxes in a row. Now I'm feeling better abou that.

Brian
 
Great story Thurm. I think that 73-S can't be counted as an '08 find though. It can, however, be added to your '83 totals! Better check those other dates for more hidden proofs.

Time to break outta that skunk streak too. I'm sending special anti-skunk vibes your way.
 
Count it any way you want, Thurm.
If it's news to you, it's news to all of us!
 
I've gone 16 boxes without a keeper and thought that was pretty bad. Sounds like it could have been worse. Keep plugging away at it. It can get discouraging but then you'll get a box with a couple Bens and a Walker and it will feel great.
 
Hang in there Thurm....the tide will turn. You have a great attitude for this hobby.......silver will show soon.
 
lejeuene said:
Hang in there Thurm....the tide will turn. You have a great attitude for this hobby.......silver will show soon.

Thanks for the encouraging words LJ and the rest of you. The ironic thing is I'm well on my way to my best month ever; I'm just not finding it in Fed boxes. Go figure. :-\
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom