Seven silver day!

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Hi everyone,Have been really busy lately so I haven't been around but I just had to post this.Went to my son's today,he lives about 1 hr. and 45 min. away.He just got his first apartment and I wanted to go congratulate him and see his new place and bring him a housewarming gift and man I'm glad I did! We had a good visit and I haven't seen him since Christmas so it was nice.Anyway on my way home I just happened to be going by a place we've done a few times with quite a bit of success and I just had to stop.This is the first time I've been there this year and wasn't really expecting to find all that much since the silver take had really slowed down the last time we were there.Well I had my detector and my scoop and probe but no baggy to cover my detector box and it was raining lightly but hard enough so I didn't want to take any chances.So I had a 1/2 italian sandwich wrapped in plastic wrap and I figured that would suffice.I wrapped it around my circuit box and off I went.My first detection was a silver merc and the silver kept coming!In all in about two hrs.I took thirty one coins of which seven were silver almost a quarter of my count!My last signal was a 1941 walking liberty half!Yeah now that's what I'm talkin' about! Bootstrap

Attachments

• MVC-575S.JPG
    MVC-575S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,190
Upvote 0
Geez, my best day is three, both times it's been two quarters and a dime. But I have done that twice, so I feel good about it. Nice digs.

looks like the wet ground really made a differance at this spot! awesome finds!

OK

That's too many silvers in one day.

Send them to me and then you're fired. ;) LOL

Seriously....WOW!

Burt

sweet silver count! what kind of spot is this?

Dig it Vin, awesome day. Still looking for my first silver and you pick up SEVEN in one hit. Good on ya. Thanks for sharing.

HH

Thanx for the WTG's everyone!It was really quite exciting.I'll have to visit my boy more often.This year has been just great so far.We had a nor'easter here in maine and it really eroded the beaches and the silver coins were numerous but now the sand is back.Last year was a slow year for me with a total silver count of eleven but I've already more than tripled that this year with 35 and counting(hopefully)+ three sterling rings and two, I believe them to be, civil war era coat buttons.Mostly all credited to the storm but I'm stoked.Four more silvers this year and I will have beat my all time record!These coins however did not come from the beach but I'm attatching pics of my black raggedy beach silver for you to veiw and also the buttons, anyone know anything about them?Thanx again,Bootstrap

Attachments

• MVC-578S.JPG
    MVC-578S.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 957
  • MVC-580S.JPG
    MVC-580S.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 935
  • MVC-589S.JPG
    MVC-589S.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 944
  • MVC-588S.JPG
    MVC-588S.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 938
Thats insane I know its my detector, this is the type of results I expect to see on any un-searched older property.

WTG, Keep @ it and HH!!

Way to go, Bootstrap. Man, the ground in ME thaws and you're back at it with a vengeance!

Love the silver, especially the Walker. Looks to be in beautiful shape. How did she sound? I think you need to think of another reason to visit your son very, very, soon. Come to think of it, grandpa needs to come along with you.

Can't wait to hear the story firsthand.

MP

Nice job. Those Walkers get your blood flowing. Great hunt and nice looking coins.

Those black silver coins can be cleaned. Just takes some work. My son likes to leave his coins in the original condition. I have swayed his way but usually clean the really black ones.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back