May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following the theme of this year, even when our plan went wrong we came off better.
The idea was to finish off the 2 hotspots in this field today & move to an ankle breaker Roman Site next time. The rain came earlier than predicted & Cru'dad decided to waste some time hoping the weather will improve & show me the ankle breaker conditions. Whilst doing this trip we saw one of our largest landowners walking on the road, so we stopped to talk to him about this years finds on his land, including the recent Gold Qrter Stater. He then mentions that they had brought the next door farm (250 acres) & that it was all available until the spring drilling. We knew & had permission on this land already but we had been temporarily stopped from going on it because of the owners concerns over a planning application. (even though we told him there was no risks with our detecting it) We had found a Roman Site within 20 minutes of starting that land & never got back to finish it. We also had another research target we wanted to check out.8-)
We never finished off this field but we did do just over 2 hours before we were too wet. (we can return later after our better options)

5 Scrappies
Jetton
Spec. Buckle
Cut Short Cross Half Penny

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 13

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? No Roman silver or Celtic gold on this outing? :icon_scratch:???:icon_scratch: You must be slipping a bit. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still you managed a silver and 4 scrappies, the one looks like it has pretty decent detail.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you now have the next 250 acres with no restrictions from the new owner? Sounds like the best find today! Congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you now have the next 250 acres with no restrictions from the new owner? Sounds like the best find today! Congrats! :occasion14:
You get it. What were the chances of finding that owner on the road at the same time we decided to travel to look at a field & coming from a new home we never knew he had moved to. When Cru'dad spotted him & turned around, I thought we were going to look stupid. It seemed out of place seeing him there.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the 250 acres Cru'
I bet you can't wait...I would be giddy as a school boy :)
Yes excited, but to have it all available until Spring is the added bonus.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You get it. What were the chances of finding that owner on the road at the same time we decided to travel to look at a field & coming from a new home we never knew he had moved to. When Cru'dad spotted him & turned around, I thought we were going to look stupid. It seemed out of place seeing him there.

Yes excited, but to have it all available until Spring is the added bonus.

Congrats of the 250 play ground that you'll have over the next few months. Hope it will produce more than random finds, then again something is always better than nothing.

Query: Do you have individual maps for each permission as for what fields they have, for your hunting needs?

I'm getting to a point where I do a :icon_scratch: for some, and hate bothering the owner if they own or don't own a certain field.
I certainly don't do the "go on field-beg for forgiveness-if not the right permission" theory.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats of the 250 play ground that you'll have over the next few months. Hope it will produce more than random finds, then again something is always better than nothing.

Query: Do you have individual maps for each permission as for what fields they have, for your hunting needs?

I'm getting to a point where I do a :icon_scratch: for some, and hate bothering the owner if they own or don't own a certain field.
I certainly don't do the "go on field-beg for forgiveness-if not the right permission" theory.

We have maps of all the owners fields. Some give us photocopies, others drawings on google earth. Then any field that produces well has a map of all the GPSed finds on it.
We learnt quite early on that going by the owners verbal description of where their fields were, lead to a couple of mistakes. Like Land-Mag once said the quickest way to find out who owns a field is to go into it without permission. But that is not the reaction we like dealing with & doesn't build the rep we now have that gains us some land without trying.
Another mistake can be to believe the tenants when we ask who the owners are. (ie. they make out they are) We try our hardest at the beginning to get to the truth of who owns the land so we can gain their agreement with what happens to the finds & where their land begins & ends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread