Seychelles...Olivier le Vasseur buried golden goblets, coins, diamonds ......

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention , this particular legend appears to have been heavily researched on the same link , dig a little and you should find easily enough. Best of luck.
Banana’s

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention , this particular legend appears to have been heavily researched on the same link , dig a little and you should find easily enough. Best of luck.
Banana’s

The report that is there is over 88 pages long and still cannot find one patterning to the stone?

What does that tell you Banana?

LOL

Sometimes a science used in an examination that was not used in creating some form of puzzle from that era is considered a useless one.

To think that they used a pen and paper, and a tool to carve the letters shows that they were not interested in studying the frequencies that are used in that link.....he went overboard and reported his findings without a single assertion as to meaning

One wonders why he even submitted a solve if he was not able to derive a statement?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inscription of the Anse du CaroDossier realized from 26/07/19 to 28/08 / 19François PARMENTIER_This file does not claim to include precisely the inscription left on the rock of Anse du Caro. Its purpose is to grasp the problem with the most rational approach possible, taking each element for what it is: a data on the inscription (partI), the result of an automated analysis of the inscription (part II) or a decoding theory / attempt leading or not to a meaningful text (Part III). Thus, this file gains in uncertainty over the pages, to finish on a different part (IV), constituted of the forecasts and preliminary conclusions. Perhaps one of the attempts made will pierce the mystery of this inscription, perhaps not. Perhaps, more likely, the data left here will help others to determine the meaning of this text. Anyway, I want to present this file to the jury, hoping that it brings him relevant elements of reflection.

Unfortunate that he didn't chose a steganographic examination or approach to examining a well studied series of photos

The photos that were handed out were of low quality and some letters were left incompletely scored with the pencil even though there was a clear carved line....one R is scribed over as being a D

There are a lot of things that are going to throw off the researchers of the cipher

Also Nick Pelling is someone that has continually tried to leave my posts and comments from being allowed on his previous research pages....I get tired of being told that a moderator will review a post and get back to you.

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Eldo,
Whatever topic , legend , myth , folklore , we all have our own beliefs , thoughts , theories , conspiracies, you may be right , you maybe wrong , who am I or anyone else to judge.

Am afraid I am will “billA” on this one…. “Having read it , my head hurt”
Not meant in a cheeky way , just , as I read through it all , one thing just would not go away.

Timeline…. Who wrote this French side & when?

Sadly , this is where I lost interest , your theory & timeline do not match , let alone next leap of faith to Thomas Jefferson, or Freemasons.

Admittedly , as I played with the French mystery , all I got after an hour or so wandering around the internet , was the name of captain and a ship , which was wrecked off that coast in the stated year. Nordic origins if My memory serves. That’s as far I went with it. Again , just my own theory , assumption.
As far as your comments on the linked sites owner , hey , each to their own , I read a lot of his work , it’s all trial and error at the end of the day , and persistence , many he and others have resolved , many not , but wealth of knowledge gained by the collective is impressive on each topic. Again, I agree to disagree on somethings in conclusions or thought process.

One rule, one rule……..”go where the facts are , good or bad” (Hardluck)

Best of luck in your submission to the contest.
Bananas

LabuseTreasure

Greenie
Jun 14, 2017
Durban
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a very good rule Banana skin slippers. I second that.

One rule, one rule……..”go where the facts are , good or bad” (Hardluck)

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw A recent documentary on this topic , covering 2 theories.
Both theorists will have been on this thread & one has now got their 15 mins of fame.
Interesting theories , some good parts , some bad parts , some flawed parts and some technically illegal part.
All made for an interesting viewing.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Amigo How have you been? How is your research going?

Kanacki

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Kanacki , Am good as anyone can be in these interesting times we are all in. The research has been like watching paint dry in a sense. Slow slow slow. A lesson in patience I guess.
Apologies for previous message , it was “Expedition Unknown” Josh Gates. Season 6 , episode 13 or thereabouty.
Light hearted entertaining viewing all all topics covered. But viewing the 2 theories , in my opinion , has probably added more confusion to an already confusing legend. Each to their own , but both are based on using previous hunters or researchers assumptions, and rolled with it. This adding more sifting. Careful editing of the programme was at play and passing off an assumption , especially the reunion hunter version. Had he or anyone actually researched more , then , they may find what the original last 5 lines contained , as stated by Charles de la Ronciere himself , and not something based on author Poe , “Golden Bug” a century after. This notion first popped up from someone straining eyes at a blurred document who posted on a French forum , which later bounced into another site & has now become mainstream acceptance that it has be deduced as a fake. No one can confirm via any version online of the original as none seem to be available. I suspect they never will , given whoever possesses the original, firmly believes the last 5 lines are critical in solving the legend. That said , it is probably harming any current or future researchers or whoever in coming to any point of resolving the legend , primarily through , dazzling eyes of gold and silver , and looking for a insurance in any potential find. If that made sense?
My own assumption is this legend will be hampered by whoever owns the original and will only be found by pure accident.
Just Bananas

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Bananana Bob. Have you ever tried to find those documents in France?

Do you think Wilkins son though his father had the original documents? Or was the Savoy family itself?

Or just copies of copies?

Crow

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Crow, it’s all just assumption at who has what... that documentary showed the Charles Ronciere book version , the internet version via Yannick Benaben site & also another version of which I no idea where it came from.
3 versions alone , not including Charroux’s , or Ronciere extended input of last 5 lines or any others that were being
touted to tourists in the 1940’s upwards.
As for who originally had original ... I cautiously suspect it was a priest called “father” Savy who was present on Reunion at the time & who I believe was the one who was gifted a box of treasures by LeVasseur. Attempting to follow the family trees from here is interesting & it becomes a mixture of various officials , privateers & others in surnames , so this families cross paths along the centuries.... my guess it belonged to a decendant from father savy who did pretty well for himself in Seychelles & own a number tracts of land along Bel Ombré ... somewhere in there is the answer to this Rose Savy (who I think is not female but rather male , nickname or shortened)
If Wilkins Senior did see it or bought it (conflicting information ) then perhaps this is how it may or may not ended up in that area.
Allegedly it was bought for 20/25k? Via a news source , but then again another news source states uk government backing was given for a search.
On top of all this I suspect the legend went via another route back in the uk from commodore Thomas Matthews.
Just Bananas

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Just Bananas

Thank you for the update amigo. An interesting insight.

Have you ever looked into descendants of the lawyer from Kenya was a one time partner with Reginald Wilkins if the lawyers decedents had some interesting information?

Kanacki

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afternoon Kanacki , are you hinting towards someone called Hennessy? A barrister. Or one of the other 2 linked with the original searches? One also being an member of parliament in Uk. Then yes , but not to far in-depth ... their line If am on right path links back to same family who was friends with commodore Thomas Matthews as well as the the other 2 original backers ... then again that needs cold hard documents to confirm. All Families leaning towards supporters of the Whig party.
Bananas

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanacki,
a correction on my part ... the barrister I had in mind was called Morgan. Hennessy was a Colonel. The other an MP.

Just Bananas.
Also on a side-thingy...Commodore Thomas Matthews purchased some pure Arabian Horses , which he brought back to the UK, and if memory serves one of these families were into breeding horses. So a side angle into this is possible if using horse lineage v owner.
All the families , lived in the county if I got this right.

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All said and done , there is a couple of possibilities that this legend may have already been found in parts. However , I cannot remember where or if I save the sources from a good few years back.
One source was talking of a stately home being sold off and some treasures were ruputed to be from the Seychelles.
The other source is possibly a clandestine affair involving naval ships , again , I need to dig deep for that source.
So who knows what is truth anymore.
However , one name that has not gone away in this legend is someone called “Pritchard” I suspect an interested person in the legend , but think may be either in uk or Newfoundland , and is a professsor..... any ideas , anyone?
Just bananas

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Amigo

Without a first name he would be hard to track.

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Slipper

is this the person ya referring or alluding to?

James Pritchard, Professor Emeritus, Department of History at Queen's University, is the author of Anatomy of a Naval Disaster: The 1746 French Expedition to North America and In Search of Empire: The French in the Americas, 1670-1730.

Crow

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening Crow ,
Possibly , maybe. , could be , looks familiar , unsure... will work on where I found the name in a few places... but thank you for that , even if it was a little scant on info , my bad.
�� cheers,
Slipperskins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread