Seychelles...Olivier le Vasseur buried golden goblets, coins, diamonds ......

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you already found the treasure, who cares if they believe you or not. Now you present photos of your treasure to any book publisher and problem solved. :occasion18:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning M Mike, coffee? Sorry but pictures alone won't do it, it is all too easy for them to simply say they were faked, and if you had found it, you certainly don-need-no-stinkin book contract.

A sorta "catch 22 or 'Chicken or the Egg situation.""

Don Jose de La Mancha

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mekong Mike.

Sadly very few make any real money from books. Even books by academics as most of the time the production run is too specified for the general book market. E- book have already eclipsed traditional book sales but the profits are dismal either way these days. Publishers are forced to merge just to stay afloat. The traditional book will go the way of the horse and carriage. Same with movies and films. Traditional medias business model is failing to compete with changing technology. Plus a general "dumbing" down of the English speaking world with education literacy rates falling behind that of Asia. The story of Le Buzzard , Olivier le Vassuer is to me an interesting one in its own right, but it is as with many other stories considered only marketable if the general population has heard of it. It has been revealed during a questionnaire of 10 basic general knowledge questions 45% of young adults do not even know the name of their own capital city.So don,t expect a fortune from that novel, book or film.

Corp

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story of Le Buzzard , Olivier le Vassuer is to me an interesting one in its own right, but it is as with many other stories considered only marketable if the general population has heard of it. It has been revealed during a questionnaire of 10 basic general knowledge questions 45% of young adults do not even know the name of their own capital city.

Sup Corp,

U sez a cannae tawk proper likesy , on nae nowin ma CaPital. sniff.
Sadly , I think there is no room to argue that one , and we are also becoming lazy , robotic in our ways due to technology. On a recent visit to a National Library , i had to walk through a bank of high tables with everyone sitting , concentrating on their apple screen , cappuchino in hand, to get to the cafeteria.It just looked wrong and to automated. It reminded me of the film
"Wall-E" and what we have / are becoming.

Like any story being marketable ; surely everything starts at that level of having not been heard of , and it is down to what can be taken from it , and ultimately down to just how much drive someone has to get it out there and to push it into the mind set of the public. Everyone`s heard of "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the spin off that had, yes , far fetched but the lure of pirates has fascinated many and stems back to childhood stories , that alone will spark interest to push a real life version into the realms of top films.

The story of Le Buzzard , Olivier le Vassuer is to me an interesting one in its own right

Am with you on this.

Slippers

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lastly , I think this advert sums it up at how far we have come and at how much we have lost or losing to get there.

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Banana skin slippers

At the current rate of the technology revolution the day come will not even have ipads. We will just have microchips inserted behind the the ear and we will be able view the web data via a head up display directly through the optic nerve of the eye. Controlling the data we only have think about it.

Regardless if we like it or not technology is here and evolving?

The Australian government as well as others has already sounded out their general public of the concept of digital money and getting rid of physical money. Every purchase, every transaction you make will be recorded. It already happening with credit cards. Your mobile telephone can be used to track your movements. Our medical records are online. Facebook shows you your social contacts. And in the future we will be genetically DNA profiled that may inhibit your own employment options? All your internet websites you visit are data mined. Your buying habits are profiled. The education System controls what you learn. As books go and likes of digital books become the norm they even have a record of what books you are reading.

Every part of your life will be controlled and recorded by the state. I saw when I was teaching kids rabidly losing face to face communication skills in high school. And lost concentration spans to ipads as its become a technology cult sweeping the world. The next generation may have a very different world where personal privacy was a thing of the past. What you think how you act is dictated by others.

Corp

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Corp ,

At the current rate of the technology revolution the day come will not even have ipads. We will just have microchips inserted behind the the ear and we will be able view the web data via a head up display directly through the optic nerve of the eye. Controlling the data we only have think about it..

Already one step away from it

Just how close to the future (slow paced film but thought provoking)

So i look to Crow for the answer

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bar that , back on topic , the added dilemma of if it is in Seychelles or Reunion ,and if that lady who posted here saying she has found it. How does that affect the stance of each government given the high profile actions on piracy in current times , it sort of goes against the grain if seen to be taking pirate treasure from a bygone era while combating the Somali pirates.
But i guess that`s just a moral issue...do governments have morals?

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Banana Skin Slippers

I think with the Southern comfort ad you have nailed Crow persona. When I first met him he was wearing straw hat raggedy old shorts and a t-shirt saying " Lets pretend I give a **** and leave it at that"

Kanacki told me a funny incident once Crow had at the bar with some lady which came to a heated argument. The lady snapped " If you were my husband I shoot you with a gun" Crow crossed eye barely able to stand drunk said " Lady if you were my wife I'd give you the gun"

Corp

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Corp ,

Best i get back on topic :-/

This legend can be a tad bamboozling if a venture into finding earliest forms of documents is followed. The ultimate piece is who has it and where is the original elusive cryptogram or for that reason is it the real one or a twisted version of it.

Early 1930`s it was a 17 line cryptogram , 8 line rebus and another single line

By late 1930`s , several families were passing out various forms of cryptograms.

Plus of unknown date , a 22 line version appears online. Of which the last 5 lines has been understood by another prying snooper as being from a book written almost 100 years prior , almost word for word.

The reasoning for it? who knows? to mask whatever was written in the rebus?

perhaps there is some truth that lays in the hands of Mr Ronciere passing a copy to his godchild? Is he the mysterious person living in the Swiss part of France? Much more digging is needed to understand the journey of that document through time from 1730 til present.

banana`s

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello BSS

It seems you have done quite a lot research on this topic. sadly I have not researched this topic enough to make and useful coherent comment on the story. But it is interesting to say the least. please do continue....

Amy

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i will add is there is a political side to it , throughout it`s journey. Quite a few politicians were interested in this topic at various stages from1730. Some more eager than others. There is a nice house one of them built off the back of it.

It is also the another way this legend has travelled through time. Perhaps a few casual chats with a few people about their past relatives is the way forward.

A historical link even , connecting it to those now infamous words "for he who can understand" or even connecting it to the mysterious cryptogram.

Even my post i did on coco`s is directly linked to this.

As for continuing.....apologies ......:censored:

BSS

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that has to be kept in mind is the number of other searchers for the treasure, if it exists at all.

There must be hundreds of searchers in the Seychelles alone, and some of those are powerful. If they think that the treasure exists, they want to have it for themselves.

Just sayin ..............

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true bum luck , it might not even be in the Seychelles , but perhaps mauritius , or madagascar , or st maries or bourbon ( reunion) or wherever in that part of the world , this topic appears to be based on former. So it may all just be an assumption , since the pirate was acting as a pilot for ships coming in and around Joanna , when he got caught , his trial was on bourbon , his death was on bourbon. so many assume its on that island , bibique springs to mind. How did the story end in Seychelles? Ms Rose Savy got an alledged cryptogram from a long standing neighbour , because she found some markings on a rock after a storm? there ensues a 50 year plus search of the area by another family. then there is the 2 guys who found the skulls , or the 3 graves found , as assumed to be 1 a pirate , 2 slaves.
Still even better is the report of a woman in 1870`s who went in search of an alledged pirate settlement , where coins were found. or on another island some coins were washed up ashore. Even a member on here i think posted that he found small bronze canon in the reef off an island. So if it exists , the treasure could be anywhere off the coast of East Africa.

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what i find interesting is that after the taking of the viceroys vessel , the pirates then in 3 vessels totaled 600 men , 200ish of which where slaves. by the time they split one lot for the west indies 115 men , 2 of whom were surgeons , 75 whites from memory the remainder coloured. the other had around 250 ish and the rest disappeared in a storm? hmm. then by the time the asking of pardon came for the east indian lot , this was whittled down to around 60 ish and even further it has dropped to less than 10.... a cull perhaps? or greed? or for preservation?
It also didn`t help one of another pirate crew had changed sides acting as go between for a governor and chat with other wanted pirates at large.
Whatever the outcome if there is a tresure wherever it is or if there is nothing , the story is far more interesting than the end goal. or as some more learned than i say ....

It`s the journey that`s the real treasure.

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello BSS

Some interesting comments here. No need for me guessing who made the comments " Its the Journey that's the real treasure"

Amy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread