Sharing my grief this past evening. Stuck on ridge and then....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you responded back favorably. I wasn't sure if I should post the image - but I decided the hurt couldn't be any worse and maybe it might help.

Your right Charlie. The public news coverage with many of their images has numbed me some. I never expected all the coverage along with their images. That's why I was going to put an image to my post request for folks to reach out to their loved ones quickly. You did good... Brad

ORGINAL 1ST. POST UPDATE ON THREAD: I added some photos of her from within the last 3 years... I can't thank you t-net folks enough for your support. Next week will be better... I'm hoping.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,

You're one brave man......I wish you the strength and courage to get over this horrible ordeal.

I'm sure you're extremely proud of your daughter and grandson for doing the right thing.

Regards + HH

Bill

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad she was skilled and knew exactly what she had to do to save those people the news media be damned! The law is on her side. You have given 2 angels to heaven. They are together that is some comfort.
The hole in your heart will always be because a part of you has been taken, but you will survive. There are others that need you.

It was on the news here and I knew immediately it was them, and prayed for you all. Prayers are continuous.
From the timing on your phone calls the angels are busy supporting you. That is not coincidence.

Our love and prayers to you and your family always.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad, again, I'll keep you and yours in my prayers during the days ahead. I also have shed quite a few tears reading about these wonderful two people and about your loss. I can't say anymore than has already been said, except to say know that I'll continue praying for you and your entire family. God bless all of you and give you comfort.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,

You're one brave man......I wish you the strength and courage to get over this horrible ordeal.

I'm sure you're extremely proud of your daughter and grandson for doing the right thing.

Regards + HH

Bill

I most extremely am Bill... The decision my daughter made is one I would have made even with Carter along myself. I taught all my children to help others in time of need no matter the circumstances. And I truly hope if I was in a bad crash sometime (was) that somebody would have helped me and my wife under any circumstance also. That's what soldier's, law enforcement and rescues personal do everyday. But if YOUR the first one on the scene you do what you can!!!! I would... and I would certainly want YOU to also. YOU step up... and any training or experience will come back to you. Kristi had a lot of medical training and her mind worked "like a trap" under stress. That's the way she was wired. I am totally proud of her before and now.

Some of her attributes and attitude came from me but she took it beyond something I had to deal with. But she did it. And the area social media critics who question her actions are the ones I pray are not following me or YOU down a highway when we're in peril.

I love you Kristi and Carter with all my heart...! Dad / Grandpa.

Somebody Kristi knows started some fund and her husband said it's amazing the out pouring of support coming forth for him and their 4 year old daughter. I'm so proud and thankful... Brad

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,

Please post up a link for the fund raising drive if you can.....I'd feel honored to contribute to a cause that is more than worthy.

Regards + HH

Bill

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JUST WHEN YOU THINK ALL IS LOST
TEACHING LOVE AND COMPASSION
CAME AT A COST

IT IS NOT SO
YOU WILL SEE THEM AGAIN
WHERE OUR SHADOW CANNOT GO

sad and sorry for this time.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,

Please post up a link for the fund raising drive if you can.....I'd feel honored to contribute to a cause that is more than worthy.

Regards + HH

Bill

I'm not real tech savvy Bill nor do I know where the link is. My wife is trying to find it also because she now has request for it also. I'll call my daughters and ask. Thanks, Brad

L

l2hunt

So sorry for your loss, I hope with the passage of time your pain will subside. All the best to you sir!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,

Regards + HH

Bill

I think this is it Bill.... It's something called gofundme. Hope this is right...?

http://dm.gofund.me.com/mowdbs or gofundme.com/mowdbs

I got to go lie down... I'm very tired. If this link works great. If not and somebody else can find the proper one please re-post for Bill and others... Thanks, Brad

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Here you go.
Brad...you have my number, if you need anything just let me know.

Help support Kristi Clark and son by Melissa Liston Hickman - GoFundMe

Oregon Viking,

Thanks for posting this link! The family of Kristi and Carter truly deserve our support!

If anyone has trouble accessing the link, then please go to my' Facebook page under "Frank Ferrell" and you should be able to find it. Even if you cannot donate due to your own particular situation, please "Share" the link and any kind words with friends, family and everyone else on Facebook. It will do much to help their family cope with such a tragic loss of two Super Heroes!

Frank

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I cannot imagine the pain you are experiencing, but I really do hope that you find some comfort in your family and friends, now, and in the times ahead. As a paramedic, I have a deep respect for what your daughter did, to come to the aid of those people, putting the lives of strangers ahead of their own. I will wear a black ribbon on shift today, in memory of your daughter and grandson. Again, sincere sympathy and condolences from my family, to yours.

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sick for you, Brad and pray that God will comfort you as you wrestle through this unimaginable loss. I definitely will do as you asked and contact my two today.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oregon Viking,

Thanks for posting this link! The family of Kristi and Carter truly deserve our support!

If anyone has trouble accessing the link, then please go to my' Facebook page under "Frank Ferrell" and you should be able to find it. Even if you cannot donate due to your own particular situation, please "Share" the link and any kind words with friends, family and everyone else on Facebook. It will do much to help their family cope with such a tragic loss of two Super Heroes!

Frank

Thank you Frank for you words, phone call and donation. I know you run "close to the bone" and I know her husband John will appreciate it friend. Kemp this goes for you also guy and EVERYBODY who helped them out. My family can't hardly believe the help that has poured in in just a few hours. I just don't know what to say to represent my gratitude... Brad

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I cannot imagine the pain you are experiencing, but I really do hope that you find some comfort in your family and friends, now, and in the times ahead. As a paramedic, I have a deep respect for what your daughter did, to come to the aid of those people, putting the lives of strangers ahead of their own. I will wear a black ribbon on shift today, in memory of your daughter and granddaughter. Again, sincere sympathy and condolences from my family, to yours.

Thank you... That's a wonderful thing for you to do sir.

EVERYONE... I GREATLY appreciate your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I can't respond to every post but I do appreciate your notes. An old classmate of mine called this morning and we talked for about an hour. He was online somewhere and said he saw my name along with this story and called me. He has a silly sense of humor as I. We both made each other laugh and it was a great diversion and calming. I also realize I'm not the first man to deal with something like this but you folks have sure helped.

I guess it's something like this: When your neighbor is out of work... it's just a recession. But when your out of work it's a depression.

I'm in the depression mode.

sandchip.... Thanks for making those two calls today... I hope others follow suit.

Viewing is Saturday 3-7 at the Williamson Memorial Home in Franklin TN. The funeral is 1:00 pm Sunday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread