Sharpshooter Coil for Max

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my Nel Sharpshooter Coil for the AT Max. Hope to get in some hunting this weekend, the only problem now is the weather, weather folks are saying rain all weekend. Well I have waited for about a month and half to get the coil from KellyCo canceled the order Wendesday when I saw another vendor had in stock ordered and postman just delivered. Let all know how it does I have a couple parks that are trashly, and couple places that is reletaive clean, (after waiting so long just hope it's not a disapointment).

Last edited:

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're under that same huge weather system...chance we'll have sunshine on Sunday. Everything around here is a muddy mess. Please report back once you've had a chance to try it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put the Sharpshooter on the Max when I got home, went out in the yard with flashlight in hand between rain showers and did a little searching. I have searched the area in the side yard with my AT-Pro with stock coil, 5 x 8 coil, 9 x 12 concentric coil, the Nel storm and have also searched with the AT Max with stock coil and found nothing in quite a while. The last time I found anything was using the 5 x 8 coil on the AT-Pro, found a couple penny's. Tonight, I found what looks like a piece of play money my kids may have had years ago. Found with the Max and the Sharpshooter coil, plus had about three other hits that I did not dig, (just too muddy and wet). If tonight is any sign of how the Sharpshooter with the AT Max is going to work it will be well worth the trouble I have gone through the last month and half to two months to get this coil. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this coil is going to do.

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for about 45 minutes this afternoon before the rains started and did some park hunting with my new Nel Sharpshooter coil for the AT-Max. Found several clad coins with the new coil. From the short amount of hunting I did this afternoon I would say the Nel coil rates right up there or even above the Garrett 5 x 8 coil. Right now I want be putting the stock coil back on anytime soon.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even though I swing the F75LTD, the nel sharpshooter is my main coil.

lucky92

Nov 30, 2017
Jefferson City missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites classic sl, Garrett 350, mx sport, equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the nel 5x8 when I can't run my nel 13 due to trash, won't put the stock cool back on, nel is the way to go

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the smaller coil good depth great separation I have the Garrett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread