She told me to find jewelry....and she says I dont listen to her.

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Beaverton/Hillsboro Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She told me to find jewelry....and she says I don't listen to her.

Got up at the crack of dawn to hit a disk (Frisbee) golf course. On the way out the door, the FG told me to find jewelry. It's always about her. I hit the first tee off and found just a penny. Walked back to the 8th green where I had a few clad targets the week before. Pulled out a dime. I thought it odd that I was finding coins close to the decorative flora instead of where people were more likely to be bending down to pick up their disks. There was a row of 3 short brushes so I started working my way along them. I got a nice but unfamiliar signal. I pulled out a men's wedding band that I thought for sure was silver. Nice and shiny. Cleaned off the dirt and the word Titanium is on the inside of the band. It was a woohoo moment. Searched for a bit longer and pulled out a coin here and there. I started working my way across this small hill along side one of the holes. I got a strong signal I have seen before. 37. Pull tab. Decided to dig it anyway and pulled out a 14K gold men's wedding band. This was a "Are you kidding me" moment for me. It seems men are not very careful with their wedding bands. I did what the GF said and found jewelry.
Ti and Au.JPGtitanium close.JPGAu 5.985g.JPGTi 3.765g.JPG

Upvote 11
Unless she's got man hands I can't blame her for not being satisfied. I guess you'll have to cash them in and buy her something that fits. All kidding aside, congrats on a couple of nice rings.

yea when you think about it the disc golf motion, perfect for flinging off a ring...nice finds and smart idea!

I'm going to have to hit some disc golf area's I know of, If nothing else it will be a nice walk.Those are nice ring's, E-bay the Titanium to get any value out of it.

yea when you think about it the disc golf motion, perfect for flinging off a ring...nice finds and smart idea!

It's a perfect motion for sure. Probably 2nd to throwing snowballs with no gloves. And it's hard to drink while playing frisbee golf so the tabs are at a minimum in the fields.

Congrats on the rings . I also have the mxt all pro which is the same rig as yours.I am not having as much luck as I did with my xlt. Would a ring come up as a nickel or pulltab, don't get me wrong I have found 3 gold rings and 2 silver ones.

I have the MXT, not the MXT pro. Not sure of the difference. Gold ring shows as a 37, Pull tab/ring. The titanium ring come up around 18, nickel/ring.

How do u through the course without getting hit in the head? We have a Frisbee course at one of the parks and I have a hard time staying out of the way since one course crosses the sled run. One group after another line up to throw over the sled run.

I was there at 6:30 this morning. Didn't see any golfers until around 9. Funny thing is that there is a hole back in the woods I didn't know was there. I watched the two golfers go that way and that is where I found the gold.

Two wonderful finds. I hope your good fortune continues.

think about how far you were from the pitching spot for throwing of the Frisbee * you now know about how far a ring will fling off the hand while throwing a frisbeee-- check that distance from the "tees" for more rings.

think about how far you were from the pitching spot for throwing of the Frisbee * you now know about how far a ring will fling off the hand while throwing a frisbeee-- check that distance from the "tees" for more rings.

And remember that the wedding bands will be on the left side of the path only lost by the lefty's. The class rings and other goodies will be on the right side for the rest of us. ;)

Nice rings!
She didn't specify what kind of jewelry.

Just don't be in there way when there playing a disc to the head will hurt bad.. I've seen a guy take one to the face had to get stitches.. Great finds for sure good luck on your next trip out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back