What's new

Shell fossil?

jnicholes

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,828
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

So, a very interesting story about how I found this, I was out in my backyard taking care of my rabbit. I noticed she dug a Warren. When I looked at the mound of dirt that she piled up from digging, I noticed that she dug up or rock that looked very interesting. At a closer look, it almost looks like a shell fossil of some kind. I took it inside, cleaned off all the dirt, and here are the pictures of what I've got.

20190617_153823.webp

20190617_153854.webp

It's concaved on the underside, and you can see grooves in some places. It's shaped like a half shell. you can also see on the upper side bumps that have some unusual shape.

What do you guys think? Is it a shell fossil?

Shell fossil or not, credit goes to my rabbit for digging this up!

Jared
 
Thanks for the clarification. I was skeptical that it was a fossil myself.

regardless, I wonder why it's concaved like that.

Jared
 
Upvote 0
when some rocks freeze and thaw, pieces will pop off that look like that.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom