What's new

Shield nickels

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Just out of curiosity, has anyone found a shield nickel in a roll? I remember seeing Patrick Earl Houston's totals for last year and I think he found a worn-off date Shield. Anyone else here ever found one? Unlike the other denominations, the nickel's composition hasn't changed since it was introduced (not yet at least) so even the earliest shield nickels would work in any type of change machine.
 
Upvote 0
I can't remember seeing one on this board.

The only one I have heard of is one that a teller at one of my banks a couple of years ago found from change a customer brought in. Can't remember if she said the machine kicked it out or if it was loose. Either way its the only CRH/pocket change find of a shield nickel I have heard about.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom