What's new

Shoe Buckle, Buttons, KGs and a mystery Lead Object

Ahab8

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
8,293
Golden Thread
2
Location
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished 24 straight 10 hour days of work. It felt pretty darned good to come home and take a break. Got out for a couple of short hunts. Continued digging super deep crappy signals at pounded sites. The shoe buckle was 14-16" deep. The patina was terrible si I decided to buff it out and return it to its bright brass beginnings. I still have some work to do but it's coming along. I normally wouldn't do this but seeing this is number 16 or 17 I decided to give it a shot this once.
I also found a couple of KGiis and a nice designed tombac. The find I'm really curious about is the small designed lead object. It has the cross with 4 designed sections kind of like a cob would have. It's made out of lead and looks like it was shot. I hope somebody knows cause this one has me stumped. Thanks guys and I apologize for the great posts that I've missed and haven't replied to. Just been too busy.
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
 
Upvote 32
Some well-earned and deserved finds!! Congrats!

-- Jeff --
 
always nice to see your finds, Bill
 
WTG man...love the buckle and copper. The basket weave button reminds me of some we dug consistently where I grew up!
 
Sometimes you will be amazed when you dig those deep iffy signals. It sure paid off for you.:thumbsup:
 
Glad you finally got some time to dig! Great buckle find! You are king of the buckles!
 
Thanks all my long lost Tnet buddies. Felt great to get a hunt in. Next hunt will be November 9 which is the anniversary of finding my Mass silver and cob. Hoping to get to the spoon site and find Mass silver #2. I know it's there somewhere. Tried to research the lead token/seal and came up with nothing. I appreciate all of the input guys.
 
Nice digs Abe, glad you were able to get back out. Wish I could dig shoe buckles out here, one thing I miss from the east.
 
Abe what more could you ask for:headbang:
Colonial buckle,thats a surprise coming from you!
Early copper and relics sounds like a good way to get the feeling for the flava brotha8-)

~Blaze~
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom