What's new

shoe buckle

boondocker

Full Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
236
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Whites XLT
I think this is a shoe buckle, it appears to be made of iron. Any idea of its age? Thanks Dean
 

Attachments

  • P5120066.webp
    P5120066.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 224
  • P5120067.webp
    P5120067.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 220
  • P5120068.webp
    P5120068.webp
    27 KB · Views: 227
:hello:

This type of Buckle date from the 1690s, but as yours is made of Iron I would say it's much later :P proberbly early 1900s :read2:

SS
 
Upvote 0
I've dug a few iron ones in 1700's sites in VA.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I've dug a few iron ones in 1700's sites in VA.
Just can't find one of Iron :icon_scratch: went through over twenty pages and found Copper alloy, pewter, silver but no Iron shoe Buckles :icon_scratch: but there was another twenty pages so I will look there later, might help in finding the correct date :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
most likely a briddle buckle,or some other horse tack
 
Upvote 0
jrwill56 said:
most likely a briddle buckle,or some other horse tack
Don't think so :P it has the curve, and the holes were the spindle holding the chape and prongs were :read2:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Iron (most are called "steel") should not be a problem for 18th c. but it is, as mentioned, 17th c. shoe sized. Could it be a very large knee buckle?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Shoe tap?
Replies
3
Views
251
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Buckle ID
Replies
1
Views
428

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom