What's new

Copper Coin, Help!! ID Please

boondocker

Full Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
236
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Whites XLT
found this the other day, not much detail to go by only some letters on one side. I havent been able to ID it in any of my books, :help: hopefully somebody here will know what it is. :dontknow: Thanks Dean oh ya the letters are GVLIELMVS no spaces inbetween like if it were 2 words. The V's I'm takeing as old style U's. It's about the same size as a KG
 

Attachments

  • P5120063.webp
    P5120063.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 285
  • P5120064.webp
    P5120064.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 257
  • P5120069.webp
    P5120069.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 268
  • P5120070.webp
    P5120070.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 266
William III Halfpenny, 1695-1701
 
Upvote 0
To narrow the date range down, it is most likely 1695-98 looking at the ribbon positions..........They actually can be a more common find than a KGI Halfpenny.

Don
 

Attachments

  • William III coins.webp
    William III coins.webp
    114 KB · Views: 286
  • William III coins.webp
    William III coins.webp
    114 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
Wow, great old coin for mass. Way to go boondocker. Your becoming a master prospector. :icon_thumleft:
Can't wait to see it.
g
 
Upvote 0
thanks Don in SJ. What book is that you have for referance I'll have to put that on my list of must have.


thanks Gary, I know there is a Pine tree in there somewhere. hopefully I'll find it soon the land is being developed starting in July
 
Upvote 0
boondocker said:
thanks Don in SJ. What book is that you have for referance I'll have to put that on my list of must have.


thanks Gary, I know there is a Pine tree in there somewhere. hopefully I'll find it soon the land is being developed starting in July

I do not have the book only photos of the out of print book.
 

Attachments

  • Book%20Front.webp
    Book%20Front.webp
    124.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Book%20Front.webp
    Book%20Front.webp
    124.2 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom