M michigan michael Guest May 6, 2009 Thread Owner #1 I thought this might of been a horse shoe but both ends are curved. Any ideas? Attachments unknown.webp 11.6 KB · Views: 551 unknown2.webp 15.4 KB · Views: 511
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 6, 2009 #2 Ox shoe. DCMatt Upvote 0
Kiros32 Bronze Member Joined Feb 21, 2006 Messages 1,407 Reaction score 443 Golden Thread 0 Location Pittsburgh, PA Detector(s) used XP Deus, Whites MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 6, 2009 #3 Ox shoe maybe Upvote 0
hogge Silver Member Joined Mar 13, 2008 Messages 3,825 Reaction score 1,528 Golden Thread 5 Location Pittsfield Ma. 🥇 Banner finds 5 Detector(s) used Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 6, 2009 #4 Ox shoe...DEFINITELY. Upvote 0
BioProfessor Silver Member Joined Apr 6, 2007 Messages 2,917 Reaction score 85 Golden Thread 0 Location Mankato, MN Detector(s) used Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX May 6, 2009 #5 I think it is an OX shoe. Just couldn't resist. Wonder how many answers we can get in a row that are the SAME thing? Daryl Upvote 0
I think it is an OX shoe. Just couldn't resist. Wonder how many answers we can get in a row that are the SAME thing? Daryl
Monty Gold Member Joined Jan 26, 2005 Messages 10,752 Reaction score 170 Golden Thread 0 Location Sand Springs, OK Detector(s) used ACE 250, Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 6, 2009 #6 The same thing! Monty Upvote 0
BioProfessor Silver Member Joined Apr 6, 2007 Messages 2,917 Reaction score 85 Golden Thread 0 Location Mankato, MN Detector(s) used Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX May 6, 2009 #7 Come on Monty, you have to say you think it is an Ox shoe like you didn't bother to READ the thread. Daryl Upvote 0
Come on Monty, you have to say you think it is an Ox shoe like you didn't bother to READ the thread. Daryl
72cheyenne Bronze Member Joined Dec 6, 2004 Messages 1,463 Reaction score 25 Golden Thread 0 Location Mansfield, Arkansas Detector(s) used Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 6, 2009 #8 The SAME Ox shoe thing. PS - I got your joke Monty. Upvote 0
BioProfessor Silver Member Joined Apr 6, 2007 Messages 2,917 Reaction score 85 Golden Thread 0 Location Mankato, MN Detector(s) used Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX May 6, 2009 #9 I'm still on my first cup of coffee. Sorry Monty. Daryl Upvote 0
warsawdaddy Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2004 Messages 5,607 Reaction score 74 Golden Thread 0 Location Edwards,Missouri Detector(s) used MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000 May 6, 2009 #10 Left or right? Front or rear? Upvote 0
lumbercamp Hero Member Joined Jun 22, 2006 Messages 948 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 May 6, 2009 #11 OK. It is an old rusty ox shoe. My 2 cents worth. Upvote 0
savant365 Silver Member Joined Mar 28, 2007 Messages 3,941 Reaction score 72 Golden Thread 0 Location Northwest Missouri Detector(s) used ACE 250 May 6, 2009 #12 I'll take a guess and say its an ox shoe http://www.mountainsofstone.com/historical_landmarks.htm (at least I posted a link showing MY research ) Upvote 0
I'll take a guess and say its an ox shoe http://www.mountainsofstone.com/historical_landmarks.htm (at least I posted a link showing MY research )
duggap Bronze Member Joined Dec 11, 2007 Messages 2,056 Reaction score 1,053 Golden Thread 0 Location Chattanooga, TN Detector(s) used Tosoro Bandido Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 6, 2009 #13 For my 2 cents worth, it is one half of an ox shoe. Oxen had two part shoes. Upvote 0
BioProfessor Silver Member Joined Apr 6, 2007 Messages 2,917 Reaction score 85 Golden Thread 0 Location Mankato, MN Detector(s) used Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX May 6, 2009 #14 I'll see your ox shoe and raise you this: Daryl Attachments OxFoot.webp 78.7 KB · Views: 446 Upvote 0
RPG Bronze Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 2,205 Reaction score 93 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero May 6, 2009 #15 I think it's half an ox shoe. Upvote 0
BioProfessor Silver Member Joined Apr 6, 2007 Messages 2,917 Reaction score 85 Golden Thread 0 Location Mankato, MN Detector(s) used Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX May 6, 2009 #16 Or a whole shoe for an Ox with half a foot. Daryl Upvote 0
RPG Bronze Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 2,205 Reaction score 93 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero May 6, 2009 #17 BioProfessor said: Or a whole shoe for an Ox with half a foot. Daryl Click to expand... Upvote 0
lumbercamp Hero Member Joined Jun 22, 2006 Messages 948 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 May 6, 2009 #18 I think this half an ox shoe should make the banner since it was so difficult to finally narrow it down to what it is. Upvote 0
I think this half an ox shoe should make the banner since it was so difficult to finally narrow it down to what it is.
BioProfessor Silver Member Joined Apr 6, 2007 Messages 2,917 Reaction score 85 Golden Thread 0 Location Mankato, MN Detector(s) used Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX May 6, 2009 #19 I'm not convinced yet that we truly have it IDed. Daryl Upvote 0
lumbercamp Hero Member Joined Jun 22, 2006 Messages 948 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 May 6, 2009 #20 You're right. Whenever I find one I call it an ox shoe, not half an ox shoe. Upvote 0