spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a class clown 13 years running, you tend to mix a good bit of humor and truth. This is why successful comics are so good, they have mastered walking that tightrope. I always seem to get 1/2 across before I take a tumble. Too me saying what you feel is the purest form of comedy, but it can hurt sometimes.

My last sales job in the steamship industry was nearly a decade ago. This is a shrinking industry and only the strongest carriers will survive. it's a fun and competitive job which is the type of work I love, always having to prove your worth.

In this case I can a female coworker Dianne, a very attractive woman, but a bit overweight. She was always in the office talking about exercising, dieting, etc., to no end. At first, I never said anything to her as I didn't feel it was my place, nor did she ask for an opinion. Notice I said opinion, that's where it gets dangerous.

Just about anytime all the salespeople were together, we would go out for lunch and relax a bit. Most times it was just the guys so the talk would get funny. Dianne would join us on occasion, but not too often. One day all the sales people, excluding the manager decided to go to a hotels buffet luncheon. It was worth the $20.00 as they had an amazing spread and 3 carving stands. If I'm not mistaken I probably had 1 1/2 plates, no desert. (I want to make sure I fit into my Speedo, when MD'ing the beach). Dianne on the other hand had 3 heaping plates and came back to the table with a boatload of cookies. We were just shooting the breeze when Dianne said, "I just don't know how to lose this weight, I am trying everything". Well that is all I had to hear ;D Without missing a beat I just said, "Geez, why don't you try eating less"? I have never seen a table where everyone's mouth dropped at the same time.

OK, you may think that is rude, but I tend to disagree. First, I only gave an opinion when asked. Secondly, the opinion I gave was sound advise. I think too many people are afraid to say what they really feel because they may hurt someones feelings. Ask my my opinion, and you will get it, plain and simple. By the way, I did say it in a comical fashion, so there is a big difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread