What's new

Short beach trip with mostly clad and a big gem

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
12,108
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountain Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
We went to the beach after our family reunion. I got a little time to hunt. The beaches were packed, but the finds were few.

I spent 5.5 hours at Bethany beach with the CZ21. I stayed on the beach and didn’t do my off the beach spots on this trip. Because of all the people on the beach during the day I thought there should be some good stuff. But there were very few targets, not even a lot of foil. There were 2 other detectorists on the beach. Just wandering around one of them did tell me that the day before there were 5 people detecting the main section of the beach the day before, so that eliminated a lot of targets. Both of these guys were missing the smaller stuff. The older of the 2 kept his coil at least 6 inches off the sand and the younger one was swingin in an arc 8 to 15 inches off the sand.

IMG_0171.webp


The beach groomer had done the beach overnight, but they don’t get the coins or tabs or bottle caps and jewelry. They even missed aluminum cans that are close to the surface so don’t let groomed beaches stop you from detecting. I did manage 20 coins with a face value of $2.65, 2 earrings, a zipper pull, some bottle caps, a few tabs, a little foil, a nice little turtle buddy and a dozen whole aluminum cans. Being a holiday weekend during the busy season I was hoping for more, but people just aren’t using as much cash and I didn’t see a lot of jewelry on people at the beach.

DSCN4091.webp


DAY 2
I went to Rehoboth beach and spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 29 coins with a face value of $3.43, a ring, an earring, some tabs, bottle caps and foil. There was another guy out and he didn’t find much either.

DSCN4092.webp


DAY 3
On my last day I went to Ocean city and spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21. I found 73 coins with a face value of $6.09 (lots of pennies), a SNUG, a key, a zipper pull, some cheapie jewelry, a shoe grommet, foil, aluminum cans, bottle caps, tent pegs and tabs. All together in 3 days I only found 21 tabs.

DSCN4093.webp


The SNUG is a spare battery that attaches to your phone and is charged wirelessly. They sell for about $30. The big plastic gem was an eyeball find. Some poor kid was probably upset they lost their jewel. More MADE IN CHINA junk.

DSCN4095.webp


DSCN4094.webp


Not a very productive week, but you have to keep swingin and hope for the best. Maybe next week will be better. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

IMG_0169.webp
 
Upvote 17
Looks a bit congested, Were the fences marking the high water mark. Or just someone else's property ?
 
Looks like a great beach to hunt - congrats on the cool finds !
 
Looks a bit congested, Were the fences marking the high water mark. Or just someone else's property ?
Yes it was very congested. I detected early in the morning before the crowds arrived. The fence is at the base of the dune to keep people off the dune. The dune acts as a barrier to protect the boardwalk and buildings from storm waves. You access the beach using a fenced path.
 
I always enjoy beach hunting, whether I find anything worthwhile or not. Looks like you had a good time, congrats!
 
DAY 1
We went to the beach after our family reunion. I got a little time to hunt. The beaches were packed, but the finds were few.

I spent 5.5 hours at Bethany beach with the CZ21. I stayed on the beach and didn’t do my off the beach spots on this trip. Because of all the people on the beach during the day I thought there should be some good stuff. But there were very few targets, not even a lot of foil. There were 2 other detectorists on the beach. Just wandering around one of them did tell me that the day before there were 5 people detecting the main section of the beach the day before, so that eliminated a lot of targets. Both of these guys were missing the smaller stuff. The older of the 2 kept his coil at least 6 inches off the sand and the younger one was swingin in an arc 8 to 15 inches off the sand.

View attachment 2216698

The beach groomer had done the beach overnight, but they don’t get the coins or tabs or bottle caps and jewelry. They even missed aluminum cans that are close to the surface so don’t let groomed beaches stop you from detecting. I did manage 20 coins with a face value of $2.65, 2 earrings, a zipper pull, some bottle caps, a few tabs, a little foil, a nice little turtle buddy and a dozen whole aluminum cans. Being a holiday weekend during the busy season I was hoping for more, but people just aren’t using as much cash and I didn’t see a lot of jewelry on people at the beach.

View attachment 2216694

DAY 2
I went to Rehoboth beach and spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 29 coins with a face value of $3.43, a ring, an earring, some tabs, bottle caps and foil. There was another guy out and he didn’t find much either.

View attachment 2216695

DAY 3
On my last day I went to Ocean city and spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21. I found 73 coins with a face value of $6.09 (lots of pennies), a SNUG, a key, a zipper pull, some cheapie jewelry, a shoe grommet, foil, aluminum cans, bottle caps, tent pegs and tabs. All together in 3 days I only found 21 tabs.

View attachment 2216696

The SNUG is a spare battery that attaches to your phone and is charged wirelessly. They sell for about $30. The big plastic gem was an eyeball find. Some poor kid was probably upset they lost their jewel. More MADE IN CHINA junk.

View attachment 2216700

View attachment 2216697

Not a very productive week, but you have to keep swingin and hope for the best. Maybe next week will be better. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

View attachment 2216699
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
Sure looks like there were a lot of people there. Nice finds.
 
Absolutely great days out. Nice large area and looks clean. The sunset photo says to me you missed your calling...great shot. Be safe and cheers me bouy!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom