What's new

short cwi box

bgretz1989

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Picked up 2 boxes today from one of my banks. Now i always check to make sure all rolls are in it from the bottom and that the tape hasnt been resealed or anything. Well it all checked out so i went home to search away. After having 20 halves in my hand for so long i noticed a roll seemed short real quick. In the end i had 9 rolls that only had 19 coins. Anyone else ever have this happen? I know some bags have been short but how about boxes? The two boxes yielded only 1 1968 each. Atleast the silver price will make up for the shortage!
 
Upvote 0
Yes some rolls have had 18,19,20 and sometimes 21 coins but mostly short.

This happens with the flat boxes on occasion for me here in Mi.

Mojo.
 
Im in south eastern MI. Is this a local way for a company to survive the times in this rundown state?
 
Yep it happens, sometimes I get a penny, nickel, dime or quarter in place of a half in the rolls too... :tard:
 
Welcome to Tnet Bgretz, hey we are close neighbors! S. Mich. also!

As far as shorted rolls go, I usually never know, as I rarely do a roll count, I move too fast and only replace the silvers I have taken, be it halves or dimes.

When I'm finished I just dump it all in a big plastic bag and hand it over to the teller, she hands me my paper cash. Been using this method for sometime. Have never been told wether bags ($500) have been short or over.

FFD
 
I do 8 cwi boxes a week. Usually, about half the boxes have short rolls. If I look closely, their typically is also a roll with more in near proximity to the short roll.
 
Yep it happens to me all the time.
I just figure it's a fee lol
And,my boxes have been terrible!!!!
If they do not get better this week I'm going to cut back on them.
I do 10 boxes a week
gl
hh
Dan
 
It doesn't happen to me all that often, but yes, I have gotten short rolls with both Brinks and CWI. But every now and then a get one that is long.
 
My CWI boxes often have short or long rolls. I don't have that problem with Brinks, Loomis or Garda boxes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom