Short evening hunt no coins but wide variety and one a first for me!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stumped on the no coins in this yard but wide variety of new / old items this evening!

8_12_2014 wide variety no coins.jpg

The first ever for me was a working LED flashlight, this one seems to be machined billet aluminum , and it is quite bright also!
Top left a 1980 Hotwheels found it in two different holes. The cab part was about 10 yards away from the wheels bottom part. On over a newer wanna be car, it seems someone has a liking for the Canary Yellow vehicles ? Below the two car a very heavy chrome plated mystery item with two holes, reminds me of a toy car bumper sort of, any ideas on what it is? Below that a mystery crushed octagonal and hollow brass item, possible valve stem cover ? Then on down a old compact this thing had to have been down a very long time when I tried to pick it out of the dirt with my finger the bottom part fell into six pieces. Next item down a half of a not sure Oxen or Bull ring, have not found any of these in at least 5 years, this yard must have some potential for some more oldies , will have to detect it again !!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Tectin' Y'alls !!

Upvote 7

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs . Thanks for the pics

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like finding the toys, something different !!! ( plus I just like to play with them and go vroom vroom ). When I find old cars, I usually find coins. That compact tells you it's an older site and hopefully it spits out some silver for you.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies !! I took the batteries out of the flashlight and they were beginning to leak out . Cleaned the flashlights battery holders contacts up with some Scotch-bright pads and inserted new batteries. Light is now at least 10X brighter it is very torch y now, will get some real use from this light =D

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the marina over the weekend detecting the low tide and made a similar discovery. In the muck of the low tide ground I pulled out a red aluminum LED flashlight (completely encrusted with mud). I was about to toss it, but then out of curiosity I clicked the button and to my astonishment it turned on. Judging from the corrosion on the aluminum casing I concluded it was in the ocean at least a month, talk about a well made flashlight. :headbang:
Only problem was it was so corroded I couldn't open the battery compartment, no idea how the batteries are, but I figure I'll use it until the batteries die naturally then toss it in the trinkets bin.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at the marina over the weekend detecting the low tide and made a similar discovery. In the muck of the low tide ground I pulled out a red aluminum LED flashlight (completely encrusted with mud). I was about to toss it, but then out of curiosity I clicked the button and to my astonishment it turned on. Judging from the corrosion on the aluminum casing I concluded it was in the ocean at least a month, talk about a well made flashlight. :headbang:
Only problem was it was so corroded I couldn't open the battery compartment, no idea how the batteries are, but I figure I'll use it until the batteries die naturally then toss it in the trinkets bin.

Hi UM thats sounds like a cool find there ! Got a picture to show us what a corroded one looks like?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of goodies! Love the working flashlight, and the toy cars! No idea in the what's it's .

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story about the flashlight. The car on the left is the hot wheels Talbot Lago...one of my favorites!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story about the flashlight. The car on the left is the hot wheels Talbot Lago...one of my favorites!:thumbsup:

=D Thanks for the info on the hot wheels that one is held together by gravity currently! It was dug/found in two pieces the top part was found some ten yards north of the bottom part lol !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread