What's new

Short hunt in the yard after work.

digger460

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
2,984
Reaction score
3,300
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
No great finds, but did find an old ax. Seems shorter then usual, but it's got some weight to it. Then I found what think may have been a buckle, or part of a strap. One lonely ?diamond? is left. My guess is costume. Metal isn't easily bent, and I believe it's brass.

Also if you look close there are patterns in the metal.

If the diamond somehow turns out to be real, you better know I'll be sifting the dirt in that hole...

Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • axhead2.webp
    axhead2.webp
    506.1 KB · Views: 132
  • axhead.webp
    axhead.webp
    458.6 KB · Views: 115
  • front.webp
    front.webp
    526.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Back Buckle.webp
    Back Buckle.webp
    377.9 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 8
A couple of nice finds.
Real diamonds aren't usually set in glue.
Congrats.
 
Nice digs, I am with ATW when it pertains to real gems, they are not glued in.
 
Still cool finds, I love all the ornate designs like that. If I ever stop hunting with my detector I can become a lumberjack!
 
Just as long as you do not become one of these lumberjacks

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom