pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a little time at the end of the day so I went back to the corn field 5 minutes away and did a 1.5hr hunt. Got a tiny bubble button, a hashed pewter button, nice silver washed button with the shank. The first target 1-38 was the copper I can make out the profile facing right and the word REX so maybe a George lll?
The hunt sort of scratched the itch.
IMG_20151022_192143804_HDR.jpg

Upvote 13
HEY THERE PEP NICE FINDS ...... LIKE THE BUTTON .....

HEY THERE PEP NICE FINDS ...... LIKE THE BUTTON .....

Thanks sutphin, It's getting close to 20 buttons off this area of the field. The finds seem to be getting more age to them as well.

Your persistence paid off. One target every 22 1/2 minutes. Congrats on pulling that Large Copper.

Your persistence paid off. One target every 22 1/2 minutes. Congrats on pulling that Large Copper.

Lots of iron, and then minus 20 minutes for the family's little kids wanting to dig and one threw the target away in a dirt clump.:laughing7: Never did recover what it was, 3 under the age of 7 was a little crazy for doing anything.

Looks like a good spot to get a quick fix! Sweet buttons and copper.

Nice hunt Pepp. Do you have a pic of the coppers reverse? Either way them old coppers always make you feel real nice right?! Nice button too.

Steve

Very nice hunt PJ. I have never found a ball button. At first I thought you had a draped bust, but if you see REX, it probably is a KG III.

George iii Id say and some great looking buttons. That's a great site with nice age buddy. Hope a nice old silver jumps out for you brother

Nice hunt Pepp. Do you have a pic of the coppers reverse? Either way them old coppers always make you feel real nice right?! Nice button too.

Steve

I've been taking photos with the phone as the good camera pictures don't upload onto the site. GGRRR!
IMG_20151022_192343194_HDR.jpg

Looks like you're on yet another early site there Jim! :thumbsup:
These finds have obviously been in the ground a long time, sure would be sweet if an early George silver popped up!

You were only on there for 1.5hrs, so I guarantee there's more to find... don't for get, "lead is your friend" buddy! :laughing7:
Dave

Looks like another counterfiet GEO III, got the weight?

Closest I can determine on the scale is 4gr., 27mm, seems very thin compared to any other Geo.lll coins I've dug before.

Looks like a good spot to get a quick fix! Sweet buttons and copper.

One can't beat something within a 5 minute drive, and that's what it does gives me a quick fix. Thank you for the reply, you've been digging some really great old lately as well.

Very nice hunt PJ. I have never found a ball button. At first I thought you had a draped bust, but if you see REX, it probably is a KG III.

Thanks OD
I've only dug a couple on this side of the pond as well and I think the site has to be early 1800's or before. When I saw the bust I was thinking almost the same as you did until I read the REX, either way I'm very pleased that the site is producing earlier finds.

George iii Id say and some great looking buttons. That's a great site with nice age buddy. Hope a nice old silver jumps out for you brother

Thanks Abe

For my area it's got a great age to it and getting something older is hard. Probably the dirt ball that the little kid threw had the silver in it.:laughing7:

Looks like you're on yet another early site there Jim! :thumbsup:
These finds have obviously been in the ground a long time, sure would be sweet if an early George silver popped up!

You were only on there for 1.5hrs, so I guarantee there's more to find... don't for get, "lead is your friend" buddy! :laughing7:
Dave

That's Dave, it's the same corn field as where the crotal bell came off. I believe that there will be more once they scratch the field up again.
I can't wait until they do the soya side as that's where all the native points and hammer stones have come off and they keep commenting that I should look for them as well. :)

Thanks Casper

Thank You

Nice hunt-that should hold you over Pepper. WTG, Q.

Thanks VOL 1266

I think it'll just get the juices flowing more to hunt some more, when the leaves fall we all know that the season is getting short.

Closest I can determine on the scale is 4gr., 27mm, seems very thin compared to any other Geo.lll coins I've dug before.

Must be then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back