What's new

Short hunt south of I-80

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Location
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a chance to hunt an old lot in Texas. All the parks I wanted to hit around here are off limits to detectors >:(

Had GF and a few family members with me and they walked up Main St to the coffee shop while I hunted. Had low hopes for the place but walked around and found pieces of aqua glass and a few pull tabs so I gave it a go. About 15 minutes of no signals and thought the place was hunted out until a 1" dime signal which ended up being the '39 merc! Got about another 50 cents in clad and then got the big large cent type coin. I couldn't tell what it was until I got home to clean it up. It's an 1899 British penny. Very worn. Why the heck is this thing in central Texas? You never know what you will find i guess.

It was very nice to get my fix of detecting. Sitting down here in the nice weather and watching you guys getting buffaloes and seated dimes made me jealous!

HH!
 

Attachments

  • 12272011-Texas.webp
    12272011-Texas.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 424
congrats on the one silver south of i-80
 
nice score jason, hurry back and dig before the ground is frozen tundra.
 
Nice work to pull out 2 good finds.
 
Way south of 80....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom