What's new

Short hunt with a few keepers!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,777
Reaction score
6,887
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The neighbor is selling his house behind me and had cleaned up his yard. I finally asked him for permission to detect. There was activity there from the 1890's on. I found the dime right away. The knife blade came out of a hole that had a spotty signal. I do love my detector:) I guess someone long ago had dropped this. It was a 25 x 75 lot cleaned and mowed! The 1892 O has two varieties? I hope I didn't give away a good one. I didn't research it to well. I gave him the dime, and will be back after a good rain! The dime was on top of the ground and the knife was 4 inches down. I have never dug one! HH
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1177.webp
    IMG_1177.webp
    50 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 18
I do believe that "O" mint designation is possibly a key date for the Barber...If you get a chance, check that out if you haven't already...great stuff ! ddf...
 
You gave away a nice dime but not a semi key date. There will be more to find somewhere. Nice find
 
Nice finds 1892 Barber and Congrats - that was a good thing you did giving the Barber to the owner - anyway thanks for posting & I wish you better finds when you return to dirt fish for another day.

Texas ED
 
Thanks for the posts. I told my neighbor I would split the finds. I love artifacts. I think we both are happy. It is nice to give the owner something good! I am sure there is more!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom