What's new

Short productive Sunday hunt

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
3,850
Golden Thread
1
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was finally able to get out for a couple of hours today. I went to an old abandoned high school that's been very stingy with goodies the last few hunts. I decided to put SEF 8x6 on the Etrac abd crank the sens up a bit to see of I could snipe anything from amongst the trash. First signal was the 43 nickle, about 30 minutes the later I get a jumpy vdi, but repeatable tone, 7" down and tilted on edge, out pops the 1876 Injun. 18" to the left I get another jumpy vdi, but a nice tone, I get a 1941 sixpence, the last thing I expected :) It's concave and has 2 holes directly across from each other ??? I decided to rescan the spot from a different angle and I get a hit right next to the plug that the Indian came from. About 5 inches down I get the rosy. After that I had to hit the trail. Turned out to be a nice little variety of keepers in a short hunt. I"LL BE BACK !! :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3543.webp
    IMG_3543.webp
    480.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3546.webp
    IMG_3546.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 8
You done good in limited time.
Love the injun
 
The concave Six pence is from a bracelet. I think I would hit that area real hard to find the others, could be as many as 8-10 of them.
 
I plan on hitting that spot real hard when I have more time.
 
Nice digs Dan, :thumbsup: I count my blessings I get to hunt in soft loamy soil.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom