What's new

✅ SOLVED Shotgun shell question

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
1,559
Reaction score
919
Golden Thread
1
Location
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What were shotgun shells made of before they used plastic?
 
WINTERBEAR said:
i WOULDN'T DO THAT THEY ARE WORTH A FEW BUCKS AT LEAST
chris

Who would want old rotted-out shotgun shells? I could see if they were intact or from a now-defunct manufacturer, but mine are toast.
 
Upvote 0
You got it. Brass, then paper (hard fiber), then plastic.

Lead is still plenty legal in all states except California - just not for migratory waterfowl. I hunt grouse, bunnies and squirrel with a lead shot flinging flintlock fowler. I have about 80 pounds of shot and another 100 pounds of cast ball for muzzleloaders. Just in case NY gets dumb ideas.

View attachment 680447

That is a sweet fowling piece right there sir.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom