What's new

Should I get some Ikes?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
A really cool teller from one of my banks called me today to say that a customer dropped off about 400 in Ikes (she called them silver dollars, but thru my investigative questions I determined they were not Morgans or Peace dollars). This bank lets me buy from their coin counter when it fills, so I have good feelings generally about this bank.

I am going Monday to get their halves and she mentioned the Ikes. I figure what's to lose? I can always take them to my one dump bank where the tellers actually fight over the Ikes because they like to keep them for themselves. Too bad they don't know that the average Ike will be worth a dollar forever, minus inflation of course ;D.

Anyway, what are the chances that there could be some keepers in these Ikes? The teller said the customer also dumped a couple hundred in halves into the coin machine. Probably not a CRHer with that small of an amount of halves?? Any self respecting CRHer would dump at least a box worth of halves??



Jim
 
Upvote 0
I'd buy them. You might get lucky and find a 40% or two. Around here coin dealers pay $1.02 - $1.10 per Ike. I've sold all of my Ike's to the coin dealers and make a few extra dollars. Shop around with your local coin dealers you might make a few extra dollars for just buying the coins!
 
Like my bro always said, "take a chance, Columbus did."
 
Ifyndit said:
I'd buy them. You might get lucky and find a 40% or two. Around here coin dealers pay $1.02 - $1.10 per Ike. I've sold all of my Ike's to the coin dealers and make a few extra dollars. Shop around with your local coin dealers you might make a few extra dollars for just buying the coins!
Silver_Fox said:
Like my bro always said, "take a chance, Columbus did."


Yeah I'm gonna pick them up. Since I am getting the halves, I might as well get the Ikes too. I can cash them in the next day so I will not be out anything. Maybe get a type 2 1972 D, isnt that the good one?

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom