What's new

Should I have this Jefferson graded?

halfdime

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
1,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I’ve had this beauty for a while, found in a roll of machine wrapped nickels. It’s purty! Given its condition, is it worth having graded?
 

Attachments

  • 78D1284B-D591-4B07-820E-2FDAE85F1D5F.webp
    78D1284B-D591-4B07-820E-2FDAE85F1D5F.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 417
  • EE9B2674-FBAB-4251-A012-BE5D5D297E32.webp
    EE9B2674-FBAB-4251-A012-BE5D5D297E32.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0
it has a proof look to it....someone must have cracked it out of a set
although a clean coin and in nice condition I feel you might invest in certification for higher value coins, common date mint state coins such as this are valued modestly under a hundred dollars and it would be cost prohibitive to spend on slabbing this one
put it in a 2x2 and enjoy it in your collection
great find out in the wild
 
This is a standard business strike, in my opinion. Uncirculated, or nearly so, but still a business strike.

In any case, I do not believe it is worth the cost of submission.

Time for more coffee.
 
I wouldn't have it graded. Not unless you have 20 or more coins and they have a special going.
 
That really is an absolutely fantastic looking coin though.
 
stunning!! sold a '57-P in that condition on Ebay for abooot $26 a few years ago. older full steps with full luster are worth at least a few rolls of nickels
 
very nice. probably not worth the price of grading, but still a nice coin. It's my birth year, so you should probably just send it to me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom