What's new

Should I keep searching this spot?

Jazzy

Greenie
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very new to this, so I need some guidance. I found a very interesting piece of Shale. It's Shale, for sure. I at least know that. I'll post pictures of it below. It looks like it's been carved in some way, but I could be wrong? It doesn't look like any other artifact I've ever seen. But it would be hard to imagine shale forming like this on it's own. But nothing is impossible. It's a very small piece, but I wanted to go back to the creek, I didn't get to look much more, because my dog ended up slipping her harness and hunting for a few hours. (coonhound). So I sat down in a part of the creek and waited for her and found this while searching through the rocks.

In my area there was a mix of Lenni-Lenape, Shawnee and Susquehannock at all different times in history.

The object

DSCF0373.webp


Head of it

DSCF0369.webp

Side views

DSCF0380.webp
DSCF0386.webp

Top view
DSCF0391.webp

I know you're probably thinking this is a bullet or something, but it's definitely shale, I can scratch it easily with my fingernail.
DSCF0394.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0378.webp
    DSCF0378.webp
    478.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think you have anything of significance . Sorry
 
No need to be sorry :). I am glad you told me! I found out the land beside the creek I found it in belonged to a university in my area, so I am glad I wouldn't feel obligated to turn it over to them and then hence look like an idiot when it was nothing. :) Thank you for being honest. I don't treasure hunt for monetary gain. I treasure hunt because it's fun and I get to learn a lot about history/geology/and everything else while doing it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom