Groovedymond
Sr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello all!
I have been hitting this one field pretty hard lately. It has produced 2 mercs, 2 buffalos, 1 Indian, 4 wheats and two 40's nickels. Suddenly, it stopped. Nothing more.
I am SURE there has to be more. After reading up on my detector (Bounty Hunter Quick Silver), I saw that it states that it does automatic ground balancing, and that it's depth is at about 6". This makes me wonder if I'm just not hitting deep enough.
I was in a local coin store the other day (they are a Whites Distributor), and I noticed that they offered metal detector rentals. It's $30 / day. They seemed like much better ones than what I currently have.I'm wondering if I should rent one, go to my spot and see if there is more stuff. If there IS, then I know I have to get a better detector. If I find nothing more, then I will move on my merry way.
What are your thoughts on this?
I have been hitting this one field pretty hard lately. It has produced 2 mercs, 2 buffalos, 1 Indian, 4 wheats and two 40's nickels. Suddenly, it stopped. Nothing more.
I am SURE there has to be more. After reading up on my detector (Bounty Hunter Quick Silver), I saw that it states that it does automatic ground balancing, and that it's depth is at about 6". This makes me wonder if I'm just not hitting deep enough.
I was in a local coin store the other day (they are a Whites Distributor), and I noticed that they offered metal detector rentals. It's $30 / day. They seemed like much better ones than what I currently have.I'm wondering if I should rent one, go to my spot and see if there is more stuff. If there IS, then I know I have to get a better detector. If I find nothing more, then I will move on my merry way.
What are your thoughts on this?
Even if you rented another brand of machine, and even if you went back to your site and found another few coins, you may find that the "jury is still out" in your conclusions. Ie.: you may just end up wondering "maybe I just didn't pass over that spot before, and my Bounty Hunter would've heard it anyways". The only real test, when moving from one machine to another, is to try them side-by-side. If you can flag a few deep signals with one machine, that you have to admit your other machine just doesn't pick up as well, then you will have a better idea of the merits of one machine over the other.






