What's new

Should We Forgive James Holmes?

when you PLAN to kill you are not sane. simple as that AND if anyone thinks different you need to seek help.

clearly a person who opens fire on the masses and plans it 'gee, kinda has a problem' don't ya think.

the person should not be allowed out of prison ever, not executed. because to me if you are planning a mass murder you are not right in the head. so you shouldn't be 'taken to the extreme' cause you are brain damaged of some sort obviously.

if you kill your girlfriend in a moment cause she slept with someone, then hang 'em high cause we can't just act on impulse to that extreme. if we did there wouldn't be anyone on the planet except the last idiot that hasn't gotten anyone to kill him 'just yet' LOL
 
What about the guys (or women) that plan the death of their spose for insurance, to get the kids, so they can have a new partner or whatever, are you saying they are insane because they "planned" the killing? That's like saying you aren't a thief if you plan the robbery.
 
What about the guys (or women) that plan the death of their spose for insurance, to get the kids, so they can have a new partner or whatever, are you saying they are insane because they "planned" the killing? That's like saying you aren't a thief if you plan the robbery.

LOL They were out of their Mind, in fear of loosing their Kids

Of course they were Insane.

As for your second part, a Thief is not all there mentally also.
there is a reason they steal, planned or not. it's either Desperation
or mental health issue.
Both forms of Insanity.
a Klepto is a mental issue.

some people know right from wrong, some have mental issues
that block that knowledge. or the ability to care.

again Insanity shouldn't necessarily be a way out,
but I don't think sane people plan murders.

If a person who kills was sane when they did it,
they must have had a Good Legit reason,
& should not be arrested in the first place.
 
Last edited:
I'm not so sure Jeff. If someone were to kill a child or grandchild of mine, as far as I'm concerned, it would be a "Good, legit reason" to kill that person but, according to our "laws", it's not. According to ME, it is; even if I plan their death, I feel it's good enough reason. I guess I could claim "temporary insanity" were I to kill this person immediately but, what if I were to be alive 30 years from now and the person were to get out of prison? I would STILL kill that person. Does that make me insane or can I claim that the other person's act drove me to permanent insanity? Most would say I hold a grudge too long but I'd disagree. I'm one of those "old school" guys; an eye for an eye you know. I could care less about forgiving, understanding, letting go, getting over it, finding peace and all that other bull, they would pay with their life as painfully as I could make it. Call me crazy..........:)
 
I'm not so sure Jeff. If someone were to kill a child or grandchild of mine, as far as I'm concerned, it would be a "Good, legit reason" to kill that person but, according to our "laws", it's not. According to ME, it is; even if I plan their death, I feel it's good enough reason. I guess I could claim "temporary insanity" were I to kill this person immediately but, what if I were to be alive 30 years from now and the person were to get out of prison? I would STILL kill that person. Does that make me insane or can I claim that the other person's act drove me to permanent insanity? Most would say I hold a grudge too long but I'd disagree. I'm one of those "old school" guys; an eye for an eye you know. I could care less about forgiving, understanding, letting go, getting over it, finding peace and all that other bull, they would pay with their life as painfully as I could make it. Call me crazy..........:)


If the state did it's job you shouldn't have to kill any such murderer. The state would properly execute him so you wouldn't have to involve yourself in that. You shouldn't have to do it.
 
Last edited:
You guys are talking about revenge for someone killing one of your loved ones. I agree, I would go after anyone who killed one of my kids, parents, siblings...whomever, damn the consequences. What caused this kid to go off the deep end and shoot up a theater full of people he didn't know (as far as we know so far)? If you go on a killing spree like this guy did for no apparent reason I would say you were insane. Are suicide bombers insane? They know what they are doing and do it on purpose. I'm gonna wait awhile before I have an opinion of him. He did a terrible thing and should pay for it but why did he do it in the first place? We will probably never know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom