What's new

Where are all of those wonderful reviews on metal detectors?

bigtim1973

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
841
Reaction score
334
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a few weeks ago when a select few of us will post a video link, that people were chiming in about not watching the video content

You guys piss and moan and comment about those videos not giving a rats a$$ about watching them and rather read a review.

You all want to read reviews but not take any time to write any!

I see why this part of the forum has sunk now.....because no one gives a crap but a couple of us

Here are 3 videos with 3 different machines

Don't worry about watching them though because, you might learn something!





 
Last edited:
Good videos BigTim, never realized there was a difference in the conductivity of the war nickels from 42 to 45. Being composed of Copper, Silver and Manganese, were you able to determine if the early ones were more or less conductive than the later years nickels? Also, I wonder if the conductivity varied between the three mints producing the nickels?
 
Good videos BigTim, never realized there was a difference in the conductivity of the war nickels from 42 to 45. Being composed of Copper, Silver and Manganese, were you able to determine if the early ones were more or less conductive than the later years nickels? Also, I wonder if the conductivity varied between the three mints producing the nickels?
I looked and it varies not necessarily with mint or year

One viewer said it has to do with the manganese being broken down by acidic soil.

I never knew this would happen because these were all dug with single tone machines years ago. I always dig good steady numbers though and maybe just maybe I will dig some more with these modern units
 
I looked and it varies not necessarily with mint or year

One viewer said it has to do with the manganese being broken down by acidic soil.

I never knew this would happen because these were all dug with single tone machines years ago. I always dig good steady numbers though and maybe just maybe I will dig some more with these modern units
Perhaps the different mints may have a different metal mix for the coins?
I'm thinking the manganese will affect the soil around the coin.

Interesting no matter what for the year / minting of the coin metals.
Thank you for posting.
 
Perhaps the different mints may have a different metal mix for the coins?
I'm thinking the manganese will affect the soil around the coin.

Interesting no matter what for the year / minting of the coin metals.
Thank you for posting.
Well that's kind of what I was thinking that the metals did not mix correctly

I never heard of manganese before that guy mentioned it on a comment

However it happens though it is odd
 
Well that's kind of what I was thinking that the metals did not mix correctly

I never heard of manganese before that guy mentioned it on a comment

However it happens though it is odd
I'm thinking manganese is fairly common from around 1943 - 1963 years, off and on depending on other metals supplies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom