What's new

Shovel or Graden trowel

redtruck

Greenie
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
texas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small shovel and go to the local park. I was wondering which would be better for park and school use . The shovel or trowel
 
I've been using a WW II trench shovel for 20 yrs ln local parks, on a local college campus, and a few H S campuses......no troubles IF you fill the holes and then dress the area.
 
Just a little garden digger for hunting around the public. Keep it low profile, you don't want to come across like your about to start diggin' graves or tearin' the whole lawn up. Out on remote sites pull shovels and diggin' picks out.
 
My expereince has been that walking around with a shovel will attract more negative attention than a trowel will, even if you dig cleaner with a shovel.

Most hunters I know of don't use shovels in public areas for that very reason.
 
You can also get your self a folding pruning saw they are about 10" when folded up, it's great for getting through roots. :coffee2:
 
I have heard from other treasure hunters that the "lifespan" on those things isn't very long. :(
 
Never use any type of "shovel" in a park! Whether you can cut clean plugs or not, it draws to much negative attention and puts all detectorists in a light of "tearing up" public grounds. Hand trowels and towels to keep it clean!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom