shovels

For general coin/jewelry hunting the 31" Sampson T handle is what I like or the Model 31 Raptor from Predator tools.

can anyone tell me what the best shovel for metal detecting ?

I would say it depends, on where you'll be MD'ing.

For me, in fields, and $10 tile spade. In "public" areas, or someones yard, a smaller hand digger.

Plastic shovel... That way you dont get false signals when you're walking and your shovel gets close to the coil.

Or...

Attachments

• 192krz1hzg1f2jpg.jpg
    192krz1hzg1f2jpg.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 90
Detecting what? Coins (no shovel - small trowel or Lesche), nuggets, relics, deep relics, relics in sand, dirt, clay, hard clay, really friggin hard dried out clay?

I have a Predator Tools Dixie with ball and long shaft and I really like it. But when I'm coin shooting I don't bring a shovel.

HPIM0593_zps5cae1393.jpg

a good stainless border spade , spears and jackson do good ones

What Fletch and digger460 said

What Fletch, digger460 and Captain Caveman said...31" Sampson T handle. I just got mine about a month ago and man does it dig a nice hole! It is also very well built and light weight.

can anyone tell me what the best shovel for metal detecting ?

You only need a shovel for buried treasure. For single coins, use a garden tool. On beaches, use your feet to kick the sand, and just pick up jewels and coins and leave the trash behind except the broken glass. Good hunting and good luck.

I heard from yet another friend of mine yesterday using the Sampson 31 T-handle, that his is breaking at the spade weld. It does have a weakness.

Thank everyone I decided to go with the Samson 31 wish me luck

They are very useful around the house for gardening and landscaping.

Last edited:
I really like my Predator tools Little Eagle. It's easy to carry and is built like a tank. It's great for prying out rocks out of the hole, and while not serrated, I can cut through smaller roots that I encounter.

That are around $63 and many of the dealers that sponsor TNet carry them. Also available on EBay and even Amazon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back