Show your best find or most interesting fnds, from novice to accomplished miner

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: 1 crazy bone dry summer. Fire ruined the day,but new toys are fun(ez to hide and camo) and crazy monster floweres($100 gram seeds and Hmong want to buy/dry flowers) just put a smile on this ol'mining dogs day. If them creeks too dry to even run a sluicebox I'll always find another way to make a few bucks :headbang: John

Attachments

• DSCN0434.JPG
    DSCN0434.JPG
    425.5 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0429.JPG
    DSCN0429.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 200
  • DSCN0421.JPG
    DSCN0421.JPG
    862.2 KB · Views: 173
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Had enough fire to last me a long, long time. Big ASS flowers, and pretty. Cool ride. Good health and good hunting.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
is that a rokan ? ck spl always wonder about them they sound great climba tree

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200 cc rokon knockoff from Farmers Supply goes purt near anywhere and then POOF disappears in the brush in a flash and nobody home in the forest and psfers jus' drive on by my my my. Cockscomb giants from china-supposed to be 2-3' normal US ,but great lady smuggled a dozen seeds to me many years ago and I keep harvesting the seeds from the bigger plants and hybred them even bigger over the years. Tiny specks,much smaller then poppy even, takes a huge amount for a gram but still paying VERY well as the bigger they are the more seeds produced. GOD I HATE FIRE as ravaged over 86 homes,186 structures and cooked 2 humans--sooo horrendous.....It was less than a mile from a house I'm rehabbing and NO insurance either-talk about sweating bullets as a dumb move-fixed-but nip and tuck as they would not insure till fire out....John

Last edited:

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold nuggets 010.jpg 5 # gold concentrate 006.jpg From my claim on Gentry Gulch. 2008

Attachments

• Reza's first nugget 077.jpg
    Reza's first nugget 077.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 176

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
:icon_scratch: 1 crazy bone dry summer. Fire ruined the day,but new toys are fun(ez to hide and camo) and crazy monster floweres($100 gram seeds and Hmong want to buy/dry flowers) just put a smile on this ol'mining dogs day. If them creeks too dry to even run a sluicebox I'll always find another way to make a few bucks :headbang: John

That bike is bad ass John.. Wana sell it to me when your ready bud?!!?... For real

Glad the house did not burn and your good. Dawm brushers scare the crap outta me ..... And I'm a fireman...

Mother Nature.. One smart means ***** when she wants to....

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This rock won't put money in my pocket but its cool as hell. Came from a tailings pile, just outside of an abandoned mine. I think it looks like the opening to a cave or mine.

Attachments

• image-963251353.jpg
    image-963251353.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 187
  • image-303375619.jpg
    image-303375619.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 188

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Best find I ever made was Robi. I was "prospecting" for a new girlfriend and ended up with one that is also into prospecting!!!! Her girl friends at work call her "The Gold Digger" (all in fun of course) and I can't complain. After all she works her own shovel!!! All in all one hello of a great find if you ask me!

...And no... I won't post a pic of her here. I don't want to have to shoot anyone for "Claim Jumping"! So I guess the least I can do is post some of the poor pictures of some of the gold we've been pulling out from the Greaterville area.

0904131844.jpg
One weekends haul.

0904131843.jpg
Some of the larger pieces so far. We know there's larger stuff there, we just have to find it is all.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldenIrishman, sounds like you made a true golden strike there, I mean Robi!

2cmorau, it is not a Rokon. A 'real' Rokon has a jackshaft running between the rear drive box to the front tire gear box above the front tire so the front tire is driven as well as the back. I think the real Rokon is still made back east in Keene New Hampshire BUT it was first conceived and built in California in 1950 when people in the state still had good ideas. They now have three models, two with a 208cc engine. I had one back in the late 70's that came with a 135cc engine and it was not strong enough, IMHO. Looks like the new version has a different chain drive system to the front tire. This was the failure of the bike I had as in gumbo mud the mud would come up the chain to the front gear box and push the chain right off.

John it looks like your are still having fun with your tractor supply unit and those lovely flowers! Stay well......................63bkpkr/Herb

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks 63
your a wealth of knowledge, i heard of this trail bike years and years ago from the buds, gonna all chip in, never happen, was young and foolish with my back and always hike it in

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rokons still made but $6,000 is insanity. 2 wheel drive,tires hold liquids,slow but will go absolutely anywhere. Advertized regularly in Popular Science mag in the back. Thanx Herb,when 1 plan goes astray work on another. HOUSE SOLD yahoo,cash back and a pile works for me. Had a rokon also and absolutely must agree on mo'bigger engine needed. This lil'bugger has 200cc and makes a real difference.New with all fees $700 casha and good to go. NOT 2 wheel drive but ol'man don't need that as don't go to insane places anymore,just slightly crazy ones and stealth required nowadays-John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hoser! So you do not go to the insane places any more, just the crazy ones. I took Hefty1 out with me to where I go, when the forest cleared so he could see the country I hike he Loudly Exclaimed - You Are Crazy! I suspect he meant insane. I've taken the Rokon in there many years ago and it was a dream come true except for the really steep hills. I believe it was a lack of rider experience coupled with a 135cc engine and the lack of carrying a spare drive belt that kept me from doing much with it in there. Seems my two feet always make it in and out usually without much trouble.

The Rokon will do A Lot just remember that it runs on inflated tires and as long as the air stays in them it works well. The long thorns of some of the plants in the Sierras will deflate anyone's dreams if you do not use slime in the tubes

2cmorau, a Rokon is a real packhorse and it will pull a trailer as well. I would think the 200cc engine would make it a much better machine!! The info I offer can be tainted with errors, is offered from my way of looking at life and it comes from years of experience's some of which were not all that pleasant, both in and out of the mountains and canyons I love to play in............................63bkpkr

But then life is supposed to be about learning and mankind seems to learn best from making mistakes though I hope I will limit the number of mistakes in the years I've left to make them in.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I met a guy by the name of Orla, who lived on Aqua Fria creek , that invented the Rokon. He had a a 4 inch proline that he had bought two weeks before the moratorium and was trying to sell. Great guy and last I heard he was selling his place in Mariposa and moving down south.

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a Debby downer some people are. I though this was supposed to be a fun thread? Yeah spend your mamma dramma at another store!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions