What's new

Silent auction to preserve history

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
488
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife came across a blog site after the blogger commented on my wife's blog. It is for the birthplace of James Madison. They are having a silent auction of antiques to raise money toward restoration and preservation of the Summer Kitchen, Ice House, Smokehouse. Some of the items up for auction are pretty cool. Here is the website:

Silent Vintage and Antique Auction « Belle Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast

Anyway, I just thought I would share the site seeing as it had to do with preserving history.
 
Boy, would I love to bid on some of that! I do hope they are able to restore the buildings. Such a treasure.
 
Thanks for posting this. On most of the items I feel the estimated value is way low. Example the oil lamp item #7 valued at $25 bucks. I'm shopping for one just a little bigger and I see the local prices for the genuine antique oil lamps listed for close to two hundred dollars in just good condition. Maybe it's just my area. Hope the site follows up with what the items actually sold for. Would be interesting.
 
sure would love to detect that property. I'd be willing to work on the buildings for a year of detecting at the property. Imagined what you might find. LOL a person can dream can't I .. HH everyone
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom