What's new

Silver #3 for the year

tomharris76

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
412
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hi all, I stopped after work tonight at a spot I found on Google Earth. I was just going to do a drive by and see if it looked like it had potential, but of course I couldn"t resist the temptation to swing the coil. I was only able to spend an hour but found my 3rd silver of the year. It's only a 57' rosie but I am definately not complaining. I also found the toy motorcycle. It looks like it might have some age to it but there is no markings on it except the #7 on the front of the handle bars. If anybody has any ideas feel free to chime in. I cant wait to get back to this place. There is a lot of ground to cover and I should be able to pull a couple more silver coins out of there. Good luck out there everybody.
 

Attachments

  • Toms Pics 094.webp
    Toms Pics 094.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 392
  • Toms Pics 095.webp
    Toms Pics 095.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 6
Always good to get the 1st one down, many more to come im sure , great hunt
 
All I can tell about the bike is it's a cafe style. Looks cool though. Congrats on number 3. Keep em comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu
 
Research can yield fruitful treasure...keep up the good hunt. Congrats.
 
Nice work Tom, keep'em coming.
 
Clean that dime up man! Saturday... decisions decisions, old faithfull or a trip your way??
 
Your Motorcycle is a Matchbox form the early 70's.I remember having one just like it as a kid.it came wit a trailer so you could tow it behind another matchbox.If I remember right the trailer was somewhat orange in color.nice find :icon_thumright: I went looking through my old matchbox cases from when I was a kid,Guess what I found it.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1508.webp
    100_1508.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_1509.webp
    100_1509.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 245
nice silver! love the little bike too!
 
saltyshark2002 said:
Your Motorcycle is a Matchbox form the early 70's.I remember having one just like it as a kid.it came wit a trailer so you could tow it behind another matchbox.If I remember right the trailer was somewhat orange in color.nice find :icon_thumright: I went looking through my old matchbox cases from when I was a kid,Guess what I found it.
Thanks, that's awesome! I knew it wouldn't take long for somebody to ID that motorcycle. I thought it might be from around that time as I was finding pieces of broken hot wheels and matchbox cars from the 70's in the same spot.
 
the bike is worth more than the coin,there no replacing child hood memories.


liftloop
 
spot I found on Google Earth. I was just going to do a drive by and see if it looked like it had potential, but of course I couldn"t resist the temptation to swing the coil.

^ made me smile for some reason ** - Nice motorcycle!

** Probably cuz its -9F here and snow covered this morning.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom