What's new

Silver, a bunch of Indians and a flying eagle.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
2,779
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a favorite park last Sunday and came up with 9 Indians, a flying eagle cent (although toasted, my first), a Merc, Roosie and small piece of silver jewelry. The war nickel, other Roosie and 1939 Worlds Fair token came from another spot and the 1883 V Nickel came from a small grass area in a heavily hunted old local church. Picked that up while trying a new program on my CTX. I love finding Indians and it was nice knocking one off the bucket list with the flying eagle.

20151230_075552.webp 20151230_075643.webp

20151230_080002.webp 20151230_111703.webp

20151230_075702.webp 20151230_111058flyingeagle.webp
 
Upvote 38
The parks around here need to hang out with your parks. They could learn a thing or two!

Over the last 3 years this particular park I go to has had over 2,000 Indians come up. Jimzilla is the master of Indians at this place. I don't do bad, but he kicks my butt every time.
 
Excellent assortment of finds. Love the Indian Head pennies tho I've only found 1 myself and the flying eagle cent is definitely on my wish list. I hope you checked the back of the mercury dime for the full split bands. 1944 is a good date if it has it.
 
I can surely see why it's your favorite park.
Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom