Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I returned to my new honey hole. I reworked the grid going in the opposite direction I had gone the day before. I'm starting to rely more on the high pitch that silver will give off rather than depend on the VDI readings. I had a few strange readings today that turned out to be silver. One coin turned out to be a silver Mercury that was on edge. It came in 1 - 41. Never pass up a silver dollar signal. A slightly high repeatable chirp and it gets dug. I also got a 1952 Silver Washington Quarter that was standing on edge at 7 inches. The third and final silver coin of the hunt was a 1962d Roosevelt. It came in with a penny reading on the VDI but had a nice chirp to it.

A very pleasant surprise was a deep quarter signal. No high chirp that will usually accompany a silver signal. I dug down about 6 or 7 inches and used the Garrett carrot to locate the target under a nice size root. I was lucky to get it out without a scratch. I saw right away that it was a watch fob. When I got it home, I tried cleaning it with water, a toothpick, a Q-Tip, and some olive oil. I'm going to pick up some Naval Jelly.
This is a Bronze,, Seal of The United States Watch Fob. I noticed that it still has what appears to be the original Gilt. Maybe I can brighten this fob up a little bit. This one will make a nice Display Piece.
The religious medal isn't silver. It is some kind of decomposing white metal.
IMG_3520.JPG IMG_3519.JPG IMG_3515.JPG IMG_3518.JPG IMG_3517.JPG IMG_3516.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
ATW... you are killing it! Silvers and a fob... two of my favorite things. Very well done sir!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice Digs! Grats to ya....man, I sure need a "honey hole" myself. HH ALL

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Navel jelly is at home depot
Nice finds buddy, your on fire now! :-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems to be a sweet producing site. Congrats on the 3 silvers and the cool fob. :occasion14:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt yet again atw!, I know what you mean about that sound, I dug a roosie the other day that was according to my etrac a wheat signal, but it just had that squeak about it, sure enough it was a roosie on edge. Awesome finds too, I like that fob!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great silver - copper & relic finds & "CONGRATS" wishing you more many great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread