What's new

Silver and tobacco tag (?)

rastinirv

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
648
Reaction score
1,017
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently found in local park: Mercury dime that I really hoped would have a D mintmark, and what appears to be a brass tag of some kind that reads The Imperial Tobacco Co LTD. Nothing on other side. Any ideas?

mdfinds.webp
 
Upvote 6
Nice finds. Good to see that there is treasure in NC.

The tag looks like a tool tag to me, but should have a hole in it. Without the hole, I think token, perhaps you picked a bale of tobacco, and then you got a tag, at the end of the day, you turned in the tags for payment for your harvesting work.
 
Tom, you live in Carolina...surely you know tobacco isn't " picked " lol.
I can hear you still letting your breath out after seeing the mint mark on the dime rastinirv.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom