Silver belt buckle

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Found a silver belt buckle with an M or W on it. Says "sterling" on the side.
Sorry no pics, Digital cam has gone AWOL. What is signifigant about this find is that it is the first CONFIRMED silver that I have found at my house. (200+ year old) My BH Land Star strained with all its might and reached down to a massive 4" to find that one...

I found a saltshaker top and a pill case/pocketwatch cover, both of which may or may not be silver. Also at another location I found a ring made from a 1964 Kennedy Half.

Hooray. I want coins!!

Upvote 0
MDnoob You might want to trade your mighty Landstar in for a newer White's model. Your odds will be quickly increased just by the thought of it., (If you want to find the older more valuable coins). Just think of your 200 yr old house and all the families that lived there. I'm sure with GREAT detector you could find coins at around 13-15 inches. Dont let the history of that "ole" house sink any further than it already has. Dont look at it as spending $, look at it as an investment. Good luck, Happy Hunt'in -Holyfield

HEY NOOB,I LIVE IN RALEIGH,NC.LET ME BRING MY MINELAB SOVEREIGN UP TO VA AND SHOW YOU WHAT IS REALLY IN THAT OLD YARD OF YOURS......SILVERHOUND

Oh yeah- I know that the stuff is here, probably lots of it. At the moment, I just can't get to it :) ...but the anticipation is half the fun! Soon I shall get a better detector and get to the good stuff. The house was built probably in 1796 and has 3 acres(!) of yard, 2 acres of woods.
Being new to the hobby of MDing, I wanted to try out a cheaper detector to see what it could do...

What is the deal with Whites? I assume they are also fairly cheap??

Well, the BH Landstar was about 270$, and I figured I'd give it a try... What does a decent Whites cost? I suppose for now I'd like to keep it under 500$ or so...

MDnoob-I paid 800$ for my White's XLT 3 yrs ago. I've heard the DFX is a step higher. I found a old military 1780-1800 dagger at approx 13 1/2 inches. I been looking for a better, newer detector and want to try something different other than a White's product this time (Like a Minelab Sovereign) My XLT sucks around water. Happy Hunt'in and best of luck in future endeavors, remember to send me that half dime behind the barn.-Holyfield

The one thing you give up when buying a cheap detector is depth and depth is the name of the game these days. Last fall I upgraded to a Minelab Explorer XS and have been finding the good old deep coins that all you others have missed. My advice is to start saving cause if you want the deep stuff you are going to have to spend more. The rewards will be worth it.
Marc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back