Silver Bonanza Including 2 Walkers and an SLQ!!!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another bit of rain yesterday so I went back to the gravel lot and listened deep. I was quickly rewarded with a 1946 Walker, and then a 1936 only 8-10 feet away!
That's the second time that has happened to me, the first being in 2021 high in the Sierra forest. These four are the only Walkers I've found, nice that they come in sets!:laughing7:

Then a bucket lister, my first SLQ. Pretty worn with no date, but that's okay, it's scratched off the list.

A couple of Rosies, a 925 chain, a 1942 nickel, a sterling ring and a handful of wheats rounded out the hunt.
IMG_4901.jpeg
IMG_4902.jpeg

The ring has a pretty unusual stone I'm having trouble identifying. Possibly black opal or Kingman Pink Dahlia Turquoise.

I am totally shocked at how much I've pulled from this spot and that nobody else has found it before me. These finds came from an area about 50 yards from the area I hit previously. I had expanded my search at the end of my hunt last time there and went quite a ways with no targets, then hit a couple of wheats. I went back to that spot to start this hunt and immediately got into good targets. It's hard to tell, but I think there was another building way out there as there were nails everywhere.

I'm certainly not done with this place yet!

Upvote 42

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great finds !

I've hunted several old parking areas that have been covered with many layers of stone over the years.
With out a doubt, you will find more good targets after a heavy rain or snow melt and the ground is soaked.
I hunted an old Church parking area when it was dry and left with one Wheat Cent.
When I went back and hunted the exact same area a month later, after an 8" snow melt I found two Barber's, a V Nickel and a Indian Cent.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice grip of slivers, there. Need a tectin partner? lol
Thanks for the share and LUCK next ime out.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SLQs are my favorite coin in the world, so I would've thought just finding the one you did would qualify as a great day- you went Far beyond that- 2 Walkers in one hunt- and all the other silver- Tremendous!!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two walkers in one hunt is pretty damn awesome...but then you got all that other silver and a beautiful ring to boot.

Outstanding!!!!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omg you killed it! Very nice finds!

SLQs are my favorite coin in the world, so I would've thought just finding the one you did would qualify as a great day- you went Far beyond that- 2 Walkers in one hunt- and all the other silver- Tremendous!!

Two walkers in one hunt is pretty damn awesome...but then you got all that other silver and a beautiful ring to boot.

Outstanding!!!!
Thanks guys! I realize how lucky and blessed I am for these finds, my head is still spinning!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread