What's new

Silver brooch possibly?

Slycer516

Full Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
173
Reaction score
256
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today along a low river bank.. appears to be silver with a place where a pin went on the back so I'm guessing it's a vintage silver brooch?but not sure.. see pics IMG_1978.webp6A430D0A-3B2A-43FB-A984-47D0A7255798.webp
 
Being long and slim, it could be a hair barrette.
 
Upvote 0
Judging by just the 2 photos, I think your piece is Marcasite jewelry. Marcasite jewelry is made from Pyrite, which is not as brittle as Marcasite.

If you post more photos of the piece, I can better judge what piece of jewelry it is. You might want to take the photos while it is lying down (not holding it.)

Neat find :)
Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Do an image search on "Victorian bar brooch". Maybe you'll see some similar items.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Already IDed in Todays as an 18th C shoe buckle, most likely lead-alloy based as this design I have never seen in silver. Only a pewter.
 
Upvote 0
i have a similar one that says sterling on it with little diamonds fake diamonds im sure cool find
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom