What's new

Silver Corps Badge - 23rd Corps Army of Ohio, 3rd division - recovered at Battle of Nashville

Mike N Tn.

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
313
Reaction score
1,944
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
Weather was fantastic today and I set my sights on a productive yard where I’d been digging Prussian mini’s.
The ground was perfect, moist, & cool. My Equinox 600 ran over a terrible signal, but the item was jumping up into high numbers.
When the Corps badge surfaced, I said a quick Thank u Jesus, that I didn’t cut it n half. The relic is Silver & was the official Corps badge for the 23rd Corps, Army of Ohio that saw action at The Battle of Nashville.
The inside shield was painted blue (3rd division) which is still lightly visible.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4498.webp
    IMG_4498.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_4507.webp
    IMG_4507.webp
    2 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4508.webp
    IMG_4508.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4510.webp
    IMG_4510.webp
    4.9 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4500.webp
    IMG_4500.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_4645.webp
    IMG_4645.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Upvote 33
Weather was fantastic today and I set my sights on a productive yard where I’d been digging Prussian mini’s.
The ground was perfect, moist, & cool. My Equinox 600 ran over a terrible signal, but the item was jumping up into high numbers.
When the Corp badge surfaced, I said a quick Thank u Jesus, that I didn’t cut it n half. The relic is Silver & was the official Corp badge for the 23rd Corp, Army of Ohio that saw action at The Battle of Nashville.
The inside shield was painted blue (3rd division) which was lightly visible when badge first came out of the ground.
That's a remarkable find Mike. What a fantastic piece of history.
 
You did OUTSTANDING thank you for sharing with us
 
Incredible save!!! Congratulations!
 
Weather was fantastic today and I set my sights on a productive yard where I’d been digging Prussian mini’s.
The ground was perfect, moist, & cool. My Equinox 600 ran over a terrible signal, but the item was jumping up into high numbers.
When the Corp badge surfaced, I said a quick Thank u Jesus, that I didn’t cut it n half. The relic is Silver & was the official Corp badge for the 23rd Corp, Army of Ohio that saw action at The Battle of Nashville.
The inside shield was painted blue (3rd division) which was lightly visible when badge first came out of the ground.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Thanks 🙏 to everyone who viewed & posted for the Corps badge I recovered. The relic displays awesome, and it’s my favorite relic in 25 years of detecting. Totally unexpected.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4645.webp
    IMG_4645.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
Weather was fantastic today and I set my sights on a productive yard where I’d been digging Prussian mini’s.
The ground was perfect, moist, & cool. My Equinox 600 ran over a terrible signal, but the item was jumping up into high numbers.
When the Corps badge surfaced, I said a quick Thank u Jesus, that I didn’t cut it n half. The relic is Silver & was the official Corps badge for the 23rd Corps, Army of Ohio that saw action at The Battle of Nashville.
The inside shield was painted blue (3rd division) which is still lightly visible.
Fantastic! That yard is definitely a "dig everything" site, no matter how scratchy the signal...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom