What's new

Silver Cross Sanded In Conditions

Buried Crap NJ

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
658
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got 1/2 hr before low.I was hunting with the GT and 15x12 SEF for coverage!The conditions were horrible as far as digging goes! Mandatory 2 scoops before checking as cave ins were on the first scoop. I started a nice grid in a low section and found some coins,but lots of light trash. I started a wide W pattern and hit a nice solid 180 on the meter.It was a lot louder than a coin. Took my first two scoops and the sound was fading fast. Scoops 3 & 4 produced the big piece of the chain. Knowing that the chain didn't make that sound I knew there was a pendent not far behind.Scoops 5,6 and 7 left pieces of chain on the beach and finally after more scoops the cross came out. As soon as I broke the chain that cross was heading for the hard pan! I left leaving the other pieces in the hole.The cross is .925 and is 13.8 G
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0674.webp
    IMG_0674.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 660
Upvote 0
BC,
Strong work diggin the silver!!!! How do you like the larger coil? Do you get a lot more depth on your finds compared to the stock coil?


SnT
 
Nice, heavy silver cross you got from the beach
with the sanded in conditions. Well done. :icon_thumleft:
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
That heavy cross is a beautiful find!

Nice work, BCNJ! :headbang:

Lorraine
 
surfnturf said:
BC,
Strong work diggin the silver!!!! How do you like the larger coil? Do you get a lot more depth on your finds compared to the stock coil?


SnT
SnT and others. Do you get more depth from a larger coil? Well Yes and No! Let me explain. Not knowing each hunters experiences level, I have to answer in the dark so to speak. While large coils in the hands of a well discipline hunter will result in greater depth, for others it could have just the opposite results! Coil control will give greater depth to all detector users regardless of the detector their using! Now with the Minelab GT this is especially true. The Sovereign series detectors are very powerful detectors. With the stock 10in tornado coil I find targets at depths I sometimes have a hard time recovering the target! There are times I would rather not dig that deep soft sand fighting all the way. It can be quite aggravating not being able to make recoveries, not knowing. With a larger coil you need to turn the sensitivity way down (many won't do this) more is always better right! No that's wrong! You need to slow your sweep way down, again most could gain depth with the stock 10in by doing just that slow down. So for all reading this post where do you stand? Maybe you have what it takes to use a bigger coil and get way down. For me I use the larger coils strictly for coverage not for the added depth I might get. By using a larger coil you will kinda be forced to go slower.
We all have seen them scooting around the beach at mach 1, we call them skimmers here in NJ they get all the top finds and leave the heavy Plat and gold for the hunters. Be it an everyday event or just after a coastal storm you can bet there out there skimming along. Then they complain there too much competition?
Keep it Low and slow! steve
 
nice recovery,you earned it..
 
Our multi freq machines dont care much for fast or a lot of distance between the coil and soil. Those SEF coils are great in trash with their separation and sensitivity. Thou you may loose a little on tiny targets they do cover a lot of acreages fast. Love finding that larger silver.... take that any day over those toe rings.

Dew
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom