Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a summer cottage today from the early 1900's. I had asked permission to hunt a while back and the owner said go for it under one condition..I could keep all I found except for one thing. His mother lost her engagement ring years ago somewhere around the house and he would love it if I could find it. No luck on the ring today (am determined I am gonna find it for him) but did find a little smorgasboard of silver dimes...a 1913 Barber, a 1942 Mercury and a 1950 Rooselvelt. Will hit it again looking for the ring.
HH!!!

Attachments

• dimes.JPG
    dimes.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0
Hey! One of each type - I like that! Very nice digs...good picture also, thanks for the peek. ;D

Nice silver :)

Green1 said:
a trifecta !!!!!!!! very nice ,,,,,,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Green..I was really hoping to get that bust dime that has been eluding me thus far. Then would have had 4 different for the day..:) But am not complaining with what I found...:)

Good luck Mainedigger. I hope you find the ring. Great job on the silver Trifecta. Glad the weather is still allowing you a few days to get out. I would imagine it won't be too long till the ground becomes pretty hard.

Actually instead of just guessing...Does the ground become frozen hard enough up there to stop you in the winter?

LoL still awaiting the answer down here in Kentucky. I hope only the top layer is tough. Lots of places in the woods to hit and when I get a job soon that will leave little time to cover em before summer sneaks back again and brings the creeping foilage.

Postalrevnant

Congratulations on those dimes, I'm sure finding 3 of them made for a great day. I particularly like that 1913 Barber.
Happy Hunting
Johnny

Post...yes the ground gets hard enough so we can;t go here in the winter, once the frost sets in you;d need a jack hammer to dig...real cold winters the frost can go down a few feet. So once the frost hits, it's wait till spring. Gives me time to clean up and sort thru all the various copper and brass I;ve found the past year. Sort thru it and decide what is worth keeping and what gets scrapped out. Copper and brass prices are way up so makes it worth while saving it all.
HH!!

WoW MD! :o Awesome finds!

Good luck on finding that ring too!

Nana :)

nice job.
Next time out have your discrimination turned down or use a mode like relic you may dig a lot but you will find the ring.

GOOD LUCK and..............................

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 325
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 323
Triple Play! I am sure we will see a post from you in the near future showing the engagement ring!

DesPlaines_IL_Bob said:
nice job.
Next time out have your discrimination turned down or use a mode like relic you may dig a lot but you will find the ring.

GOOD LUCK and..............................

Desplaines....thanks for the good advice, right now I am going around on factory settings till I clear out some more of the trash...pulltabs, shotgun shells, .22 shells etc. Then will go over the area hard with the sensitivity turned way up and discrimination down low,
HH!!

Very nice silver ;D hope you get out and find the ring.... nothing like seeing a photo of the person recieving their ring back.

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back