What's new

Silver Dime Had Nail Welded To It!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went hunting today with my hunting partner Joe and on our way to the site we that planed on hunting decided to do a U-turn
right in the middle of the street when we saw construction going on in a well known part of the city. It looked like
city workers had removed most of the brush and bushes from an area about 300 feet X 60 feet. From this area I pulled out
a 1948 silver dime that had a nail stick to it! Also dug out a 1959 silver dime, some wheaties, and a silver earring.
Clad was about $2.00. When Joe and I finished the construction site we headed to the baseball filed. Some of the coins in
the baseball filed were extremely deep, some of them were a sold 8 inches on the meter! I was a little disappointed not finding
any silver coins there. All 7 of the wheaties dug there were all 6 to 8 inches deep! I did manage a silver ring and about $12.00
in clad from the field. So we had a good day, Joe just started metal detecting about a month ago. I'm showing him all the tricks!
 

Attachments

  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 001.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 001.webp
    233.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 002.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 002.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 003.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 003.webp
    77.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 005.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 005.webp
    91.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 006.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 006.webp
    315.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 007.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 007.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 008.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 008.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 009.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 009.webp
    42 KB · Views: 154
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 010.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 010.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 011.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 011.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 012.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 012.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 013.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 013.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 017.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 017.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 016.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 016.webp
    63.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 019.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 019.webp
    74.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 020.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 020.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 021.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 021.webp
    60.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 022.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 022.webp
    111.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 023.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 023.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 024.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 024.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 026.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 026.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Prrk finds 4-26-15 027.webp
    Prrk finds 4-26-15 027.webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 20
Nice post , well done :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the nice finds. Just goes to show, never pass up an excavated site. You can usually find older coins since they have become reachable by detectors. 2 weeks ago I hit a site like this and pulled an 1831 large cent that was only 3 inches down. I have pounded that site many times in the the past year and the installation of a new gas main line brought it to within 3 inches of the surface after they dozed the site dirt spoil flat.
 
Now that's something ya don't see everyday, very cool

Good hunt!
 
Nice digs. I would leave dime and nail just like that.
 
Very nice finds. Congrats on a nice haul. GL&HH.
 
Sweet silver loot from a fun day's hunt, congrats. 8-) Sub
 
Nice digs. I would leave dime and nail just like that.

That's what I plan to do. I'll leave it alone and place the item in my curio cabinet with all my other unusual finds.
 
I believe Bulova Made a watch called La Petite. But I don't think this is one.

Nice Finds!
 
Nice assortment of finds! WTG! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom