What's new

Silver Dime Question

Joined
Sep 30, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SilverUmax
Hello Everyone.

I have been lurking on here for some time now and love reading your posts. I have been CRH for some time now and just got into dimes and have had some success. I was wondering though if anyone has put together a full set of silver Roosevelt dimes from circulation and how hard it is to do? What are some of the hard dates to find etc?

Thank you all for your insights.
:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I get a box of dimes once a week.. usually get about 1.5 per $500 box for me. I don't have a set filled but a dime set isn't as hard as doing a full penny set. I haven't heard anyone that has a full dime set from circulation. I still have an incomplete uncirculated set to work on. You could complete an uncirculated set, it wouldn't be too expensive. I have read many here that have gotten full jefferson nickel sets from finds. Hard dimes for dimes depend on where you live. Harder ones in my opinion are 1949-S, 1955, 1955-D, & 1955-S.
 
I suppose like all such attempts a lot has to do with luck, amount searched and area searched. I've searched 1,213,252 dimes in the Northeast and have two Roosevelt varieties to go to finish my album (1946S, 1951S).

Brian
 
I'm up to about $14k (140,000 dimes) and I am only missing 4 or 5.
 
Ltrain said:
I'm up to about $14k (140,000 dimes) and I am only missing 4 or 5.
Those last 4 or 5 are the most difficult. After about 2 years and $50k+ dime searching, I finally bought mine.
 
fistfulladirt said:
Ltrain said:
I'm up to about $14k (140,000 dimes) and I am only missing 4 or 5.
Those last 4 or 5 are the most difficult. After about 2 years and $50k+ dime searching, I finally bought mine.
Oh, I know. I am putting a set together that includes my childhood collection, so I have a few of the harder dates outta the way already. My roll find collection is probably short 8 or so.
 
I'm going to try and put a set together in the next week or so to see where I am. So far this year I have found 364 rosies so hopefully I will have them all.
GL and HH,
Frank
 
I have two complete sets of Roosevelt dimes that I have collected over the years. But...then again, I'm 65 years old and have been doing this for a long, long time... Keep at it. They are out there for you to find.
rileyboy
 
kestrelia said:
I suppose like all such attempts a lot has to do with luck, amount searched and area searched. I've searched 1,213,252 dimes in the Northeast and have two Roosevelt varieties to go to finish my album (1946S, 1951S).

Brian

So your the reason I have been striking out on dimes recently...lol j/k...keep at'em
 
I am super close. I have to get the 1955 coins and then I am done.

By the way. I have searched about 30k in dimes thus far this year.

It's not an easy task, but I believe it may be possible.

OWS
 
A new bank I joined gets boxes of the clear plastic wrap rolls.... Those stink for pennies, but for dimes they are golden!
 
FiresEye said:
A new bank I joined gets boxes of the clear plastic wrap rolls.... Those stink for pennies, but for dimes they are golden!
Why do the clear rolls stink for pennies?
 
legend76 said:
FiresEye said:
A new bank I joined gets boxes of the clear plastic wrap rolls.... Those stink for pennies, but for dimes they are golden!
Why do the clear rolls stink for pennies?

Because for me at least, they are a huge pain in thebehind to open.. :dontknow: Paper rolls are easier for pennies. But with plastic dimes you can just rim search.
 
FiresEye said:
legend76 said:
FiresEye said:
A new bank I joined gets boxes of the clear plastic wrap rolls.... Those stink for pennies, but for dimes they are golden!
Why do the clear rolls stink for pennies?

Because for me at least, they are a huge pain in thebehind to open.. :dontknow: Paper rolls are easier for pennies. But with plastic dimes you can just rim search.

Still a pretty quick slice and dice for me on dimes or pennies. I do like them for dimes :)
 
I'd use a razor to open dimes or halves, but I don't want any scratches on my pennies, low and behold I find one worthmore in good condition.
Also, I am looking foreward to the option of being able to edge search dimes with this new bank. But beware, I've heard of those clear wrap rolls being short dimes all the time.
Most of the time it's not gonna be enough to notice or even intentional, and coin places have writeoffs for this kind of stuff as long as the numbers are low.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom