What's new

Silver drought continues at new permission.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are wet as can be from rains but dry in the precious metals around my house. Drove out to see about detecting an old farm house about 20 miles from me. Cjon and I had stopped there our last permission seeking hunt and no one answered. Today a lady was in the yard but said she only rented. Bummer! Drove on out in the country down a couple unfamiliar roads, but didn't feel the need to stop anywhere. On the way home, I decided to stop at a house in a town that appeared to be renovated. The owner was there and said he just wanted to see anything I found. Small yard and only spent 45-60 minutes there. Found this neat little pin that showed gold through the dirt!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436393672.299245.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436393711.506072.webp

Only things found were a 1983 Canadian cent and 30 something clad US cents besides the pin. I showed the owner everything. He showed interest in the pin but declined to take it. Once I got home and cleaned it up, it was apparent that it is gold plated, darn it! Not sure of the age, but it was very pretty in it's day.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436394001.753432.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436394057.197642.webp
 
Upvote 54
Oh I've got it now...duh
LogoColorTextBelow.webp
 
That is a really cool little broach!
 
That piece is very pretty today
 
THAT IS ONE AWESOME PENDANT. BOY THE FIRE RED STONE INSET IS BLAZING BETTER DIP THAT THING IN WATER FOR IT SURE IS HOT LOOKING.
 
Great find with the gold-plated pin Dave! :occasion14:

That 1983 Canadian penny must be worth a lot... not! :laughing7:

Dave
 
Nice find

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
Nice looking pin even if it is plated. It looks pretty old.

I dug a piece of junk jewelry a few nights ago with about 20 fake stones in it. For that brief moment I thought I had hit a home run.

Oh well. We gotta' take the good with the bad right??
 
Nice looking pin even if it is plated. It looks pretty old.

I dug a piece of junk jewelry a few nights ago with about 20 fake stones in it. For that brief moment I thought I had hit a home run.

Oh well. We gotta' take the good with the bad right??


Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
I don't know if im offended or honored??

lol

Depends on how you look at it, Share a car with OD but maybe have the chance to find silver. J/K.:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the pin OD, :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the silver drought. Maybe tomorrow...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom