Silver @ face and other keepers log

Attachments

• 90P off center mistrike.jpg
    90P off center mistrike.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 108
2/25: $2.00 loose halves - clad $50.00 (Dunbar) mwr nickels - '26 buffalo reverse ender, 13 x '40-'59 (non-silver), '90P off center mistrike, '09D I found the buffalo rev ender in the next to the last roll which sure was a nice surprise. I was also a little surprised when I opened the roll to see a readable date. And I should have 2 half boxes to p/u on Thursday 2/27 so I'm hoping for some more silver to finish the month. H$H!
That is way cool. Very nice.

That's awesome bud. I have a few dimes like that. Are those worth anything?

That's awesome bud. I have a few dimes like that. Are those worth anything?

Thanks. I tend to find off center strikes similar to this one fairly regularly so I'm guessing probably not unless they are a little more off center than this one. I posted a pic of another nickel I found very similarly to this one in a roll on 2/11. I have a small plastic container of cent, nickel and dime off center strikes similar to this coin that I've found over the past few years.

Your getting some nice errors. I like the struck through grease ones myself, oldest one I got is a 1960 cent with no 0 its just a wash of the date and can barley make out what its supposed to say

That is way cool. Very nice.

Thanks. Its kinda funny because I read your post about you asking if other people find mostly reverse enders as opposed to obverse enders just a few minutes after I found this ender lol.

Your getting some nice errors. I like the struck through grease ones myself, oldest one I got is a 1960 cent with no 0 its just a wash of the date and can barley make out what its supposed to say

Yeah I keep those grease die errors too. It seems most of those I'm finding lately tend to be around the years 2000-2003 for some reason. I even found a 2003 with a rather faint 3 that looks like a slight grease die error with this last $50 in nickels too. I found a rather noticeable 2011(P or D I forget) grease die error on 2/11 and its in the same pic with that other offer center strike I found that same day. That grease die error looks rather noticeable on both sides so I'm wondering if that might be worth a little money. Maybe your 1960 cent might be worth something too.

Well I finished the week and the month getting skunked. Thursday 2/27 I got $1000 in searched cwr halves in 2 Dunbar boxes. These might have been the 2 boxes I ordered from this bank the week before that someone else swiped from me before I could pick them up but I'm not sure. It's always fun searching and having to dump someone else's dumped coins....esp when they may have been some decent boxes that I ordered myself that were searched by someone else and returned to the same bank and dumped on me. Oh well, it was still a decent month overall.

2/27:
$1000 cwr halves:
skunk
$500 (String) half box #14: skunk (just a clad '99S and 8 other NIFC's)

February 2014 Totals:

Cents:
2 x '41 found in coin counter reject trays

Nickels ($370 searched):
2 silver ('42S, '43D)
3 buffalos ('24, '26, '30S)
'76 Canadian

Halves ($5748.50 searched):
4 x 90% (all '64 Ken's)
19 x 40%
'66 British Penny

Dollars ($9 searched):
3 clad Ikes and 6 small dollar coins
(skunk)

So as of 2/28 I've found a total of 59 silver keepers in 2014 which is exactly a one silver keeper per day average so far this year. But I'll have to start finding silver again soon to keep up that average lol. Hope we all have a good CRHing month in March.

H$H!

Attachments

• Feb 2014 totals.jpg
    Feb 2014 totals.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Nice month. Bummer on the last two redumps.
February was a good month for me as well with 74 keepers (30 in the last day).

Well I started March with my best box so far this year: 20 silver keepers including 2 x 40% silver enders and a '44 Walker. When I saw a '66 ender in the very first roll I knew I might have a pretty good box. Then I found my second Walker of the year in the third roll. Several of the '68D's and '69D's are very nice bright white coins. Sure hope to find more boxes like this one this year.
smiley.gif

3/3:
.50 loose half: clad
$500 (String) half box #15: 2 x 90% ('64 Ken & '44 Walker)
.......................................18 x 40% ('65, 5 x '66, 3 x '67, 4 x '68D, 5 x '69D)
'72S, '76S (clad) & an '05D dime

And the keepers were very evenly distributed too. I found 10 silver in the first half of the box and 10 silver in the second half. And I found 2 enders and 20 total silver which is the exact same 2% ratio too.
smiley.gif

HSH!

Attachments

• 44 Walker.jpg
    44 Walker.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 44 Walker rev.jpg
    44 Walker rev.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 66 half ender.jpg
    66 half ender.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 68D half ender.jpg
    68D half ender.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 3-3-14 20 keeper roll.jpg
    3-3-14 20 keeper roll.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
That's great! You got as much silver in your box as I did in my last 30! haha

Congrats...well deserved after those redumps. That is a nice looking Walker.

Thanks guys, it was a fun box to search and my 2nd best box ever. My best box is still a 38 keeper (11 x 40% & 27 x 90%) box I found in Jan 2012. And I was just figuring I'm 7 for 15 (8 skunks) with my half boxes so far this year. And my 15 half boxes have produced 64 silver keepers so that's a 4.26 keeper per box average. Its been a pretty good year for me so far but I doubt I will be able to keep that nice box average too much longer. I at least hope I can keep the skunk streaks to a minimum this year. :)

H$H!

Great finds

Thanks guys. Btw Steven, I noticed my last box was very similar to boxes 40 & 42 u got last month. And I was going to ask u too if u made sure to check for a mint mark on that '38 Walker u found in box 40. U probably did I just thought I'd ask because a '38D Walker would sure be a heck of a find, although probably not very likely.

Well I hope we all have a good silver month in March.

H$H!

Thanks for the kind words. The walker unfortunately had no mint mark. Hopefully the good boxes keep flowing. Did you have a number on your boxes?

Steven

Thanks for the kind words. The walker unfortunately had no mint mark. Hopefully the good boxes keep flowing. Did you have a number on your boxes? Steven

U mean like a box code? Most of my boxes are flat boxes with yellow and white String wrappers and I haven't noticed any codes on the boxes.

Btw, a '38 Walker is still a nice find.

Last edited:
Yeah I keep those grease die errors too. It seems most of those I'm finding lately tend to be around the years 2000-2003 for some reason. I even found a 2003 with a rather faint 3 that looks like a slight grease die error with this last $50 in nickels too. I found a rather noticeable 2011(P or D I forget) grease die error on 2/11 and its in the same pic with that other offer center strike I found that same day. That grease die error looks rather noticeable on both sides so I'm wondering if that might be worth a little money. Maybe your 1960 cent might be worth something too.
what exactly is a grease die?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back