Silver finds with XLT

brandy

Jan 15, 2005
SOUTH ARKANSAS
I havn't posted any finds in a while because I've been trying to learn this new XLT I just bought. I've hunted with a Bounty hunter for the last 3 years and have found many treasures with it except for older silver coins. I finally decided that the older stuff was hiding deeper than the BH would go, so I took the plunge and purchased a Whites XLT. I'm still trying to learn this machine, but as you can see my silver finds have improved dramatically. The quarter and merc came this evening from an old church site and the rosie and wheats came from an older football field along with the ring last Saturday. So I think i'm going to get along with this machine rather well. Oh yeah, there are possible diamonds in the ring, but couldn't get them to show clear in the scan.

Attachments

• silver finds.jpg
    silver finds.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Brandy, you're going to like that XLT! Pay close attention to those aluminium scrap tones, they're trashy but sometimes silver does too. I occasionally get a crap VDI and a similiar trashy tone almost like aluminum crap but it just sounds a tad better and out will pop a silver coin. HH, Mike

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brandy from your pic the ring looks like the engagement ring I bought for my wife a few years ago hers has 3 diamonds in it and is either white gold or platinum so if it is you paid for the xlt right there. Nice finds good luck with the new machine.

F

Floater

Great finds Brandy. The whites looks like it already payed for itself. You have to love that feeling. Keep em comin and congratulations.HH

S

Sixties Kid

Hey partner--let me know how the XLT I works out. I'm in the market for a new machine. I'm tired of promises and want results.

Did you do an air test? I'd compare the Bounty Hunter with the XLT I in air tests. I've found that poor results in air tests means poor ground penetration.

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congratulations on your silver finds and the new detector. i have a bounty hunter time ranger and have found coins up to 9 inches deep with it. may be the type of ground i am hunting though. keep on digging !!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great... :'( So your telling me I have to buy a Whites XLT to find silver. My Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 won't cut it hu?

Attachments

• darnrightpissed.jpg
    darnrightpissed.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 165

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Grats on the silver Brandy,You just told my story,I to have used the BH for the last few years.Good little MD,But i'm going to the XLT aswell for that deep targets i know i'm missing out on.Was just thinking on that this a.m. on the way to work and about all the old sites i'll have to revisit with the new machine.Best of luck and look forward to the deeper finds you post.HH

C

cbbrink

Nice Finds, I am in the market for a new Detector myself. Can't decide on the xlt, MXT or the dfx.

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Cbrink, if u have a really good budget, get the DFX or the Explorer II, if u have a medium budget, get the XLT, i have one and have had it for four years now,
and its satisfied me all the time, if u got a low budget get the MXT, never used it but i have heard it was good, i now have an Explorer II, and have used the DFX on many occasions, i would go with the EX II if i were u, but if u are devoted to whites detectors, then get the DFX, but i am recommending the EX II to u, so HH CS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread