What's new

Silver flows before the road trip starts

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
After my box with all the Walkers Wednesday I decided we had to do a road trip Friday to see if the luck would continue. I have a new additional duty at the Credit Union I work for, balancing the coin counting machine (Oh darn :wink: ). They wanted me to come in Friday morning and balance the machine. I found 3 silver dimes, a 47, a 62-D, and a 63-D. Not a bad start to the day. Stopped to withdraw 3K for my road trip and the teller had saved me a 65 Kennedy. Nice little stack of silver already.
10SEP10PreHunt.jpg


My road trip was 6 towns with 20 banks. No luck getting any bags off counting machines. 11 of the banks had no halves or a small amount with no silver. 2 banks had 10 rolls each but both skunks.

The first town had 2 banks. One had a bag with $200 loose that she said she just counted to send off. I think someone had emptied a half album because there was a bunch of clad halves that looked like they just came out of mint sets. The bag also had a 64, 69-D, 87-P, 87-D, and finally a 1970-D. Only my second in the last 3 1/2 years.
10SEP101970-D.jpg


The 3rd town had 2 banks. One of the banks sold me 2 unopened boxes plus an extra $50 in machine rolls. Never even asked if I had an account. First box only had a 67. The second box made up for it with a 43-D Walker, 53-D Franklin, 64-D, 65, 4x 67, 2x 68-D, 2x 69-D, 03-P, and 2 chromed.

The 5th town had 5 banks. 1 had $50 in hand rolls that produced a 68-D. Another bank had $8.50 in the teller trays. The teller I talked to had a 66, 68-D, and a 69-D that she never looked twice at.

The last town had 7 banks. One sold me $120 in rolls that were a skunk. The last bank sold me a box and another $100 in rolls. The box had a 66 Kennedy.

Here is a picture of the total for the day
10SEP10Total.jpg


Last week was a really good coin hunting week for me.
 
Upvote 0
Nice pics, and a good hunt.
What do u mean they have you balance the coin counting machine?? Doesn't a teller have to do that?? Either way, sounds like the tellers at that bank are good to you, I'd love it if my tellers held onto silver for me.
 
I work part time as a teller at this Credit Union. I was friends with the head teller and when I started searching halves she told me I could bring all my dumps to them. After about a year the bank manager said since I was there so much I should probably just work there, so I filled out an application and they hired me to work Saturday mornings.
 
that's really cool, I should try to do that. I would love it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom